Childish

Nothing changed as much as they thought. Katara stayed in zukos room to read still and Zuko was just as much of a gentlemen. They haven't kissed since their confession but they slept side by side still in comfort, they had space and it felt natural.

Her touch, his warmth, it felt normal. One less secret from the other.

"Ugh the love birds are taking up the garden again," Azula rolled her eyes as mai and ty Lee followed her.

"They're not love birds," mai glared a little.

Katara was laying in the grass with her head in zukos lap watching the clouds as Zuko leaned against a tree to read. They looked confused for a moment.

"We always are in the garden?" Katara rolled on her side looking at her sister in law.

"Exactly, hogging it," Azula scoffed as Katara sat up and scooted over to see where Zuko was in the book.

"You can join us, it's open land," Zuko didn't bother looking up.

"Did you get to the part where they found out she's the lost daughter?" Katara asked leaning against Zuko.

"No? Are you kidding me?" Zukos jaw dropped.

"I just got where she stopped her fathers, now apparently adopted father thank you very much, wedding," he opened the book more so she could read.

"Oh i love that book, it's weird when she kills herself in the end," Ty Lee laid in the grass across the small pond.

Zuko immediately closed the book annoyed as the two girls giggled.

"I'm kidding!" Ty Lee cackled. She wasn't and Katara laughed harder.

"You know I thought I was really being nice for not spoiling the book your reading but I'm very close to giving up the ending," Zuko looked at Katara as Azula stole their bread to feed the turtle ducks.

"Youre such nerds," Azula threw in a piece.

"Since when do you even read?" Mai snorted sitting in the grass with the others and leaned against a rock.

"Got into it more recently, there's not much to do around here," Zuko didn't pay attention to mai as he went back to his page. Katara leaned her head against his shoulder to read with him.

Zuko blushed smiling and adjusted the book and wrapped his arm around her waist so she could be more comfortable while they read together.

Ty Lee covered her mouth smiling seeing they were closer. There was a feeling she had that they confessed. There was something different.

"I'm going to go get something to eat, do you want anything?" Zuko asked setting the book down again.

"Oh do we have the stuff for my favorite?" Katara asked hopeful.

"I think we have the dark chocolate and pomegranates," he smiled.

"Yes please," Katara smiled brightly.

"I'll be back then," Zuko kissed her forehead and got up from the grass to get them snacks.

"Okay," Katara blushed softly.

She didn't care much for being accompanied by the three girls as she properly marked off zukos book where he was left off.

"So did you confess to him yet?" Ty Lee smiled at her wide eyes.

"Confess?" Azula made a face.

"Kind of i guess," Katara pulled her knees to her chest.

"Wait you love him too?" Mai perked up worried.