Yet

Katara sat in her tub as she rested her head back against the side and kept her eyes closed. She focused on breathing as she counted her breaths and how long each time her chest rose and drop in the water. She had so much on her mind she just needed silence.

Jet.

Mai.

Two people she despised the most at the moment.

She looked at the ceiling inhaling a deep breath. Jet wanted Zuko dead, his target was Zuko... she needed to tell her husband so he could defend himself, she couldn't keep it from him but if she told anyone she knew Jet would be dead. She wasn't ready to be the reason someone's life is taken, she might as well kill him herself cause what was the difference.

At the same time Katara wanted to confront mai, she knows Zuko won't; it's not because he's a coward but he's a gentleman, he's been self healing for so long from his past and she kept coming back like a bug. Almost as if mai wanted the old Zuko to come out and bring the prince back to square one. And knowing Zuko it's not where he wants to ever be again but it's something that will always be apart of him.

She pulled her hands out of the water and pushed her hair back before dipping her head under the water and she stayed in the water for a few seconds. To just listen to complete comforting silence of water.

It bothered her so much at the thought of mai and Zuko having their own relationship, not after everything she's put him through... not after everything they've been through together. In a way she didn't want Zuko to be in a relationship.

Katara covered her face embarrassed at her own selfishness. How could she ask him of that? The image of Zuko kissing Mai made her chest feel heavy like her heart was being pulled. She couldn't stand the image of them.

She couldn't stand the thought of Zuko spending time with someone else like the way they do... it made her feel sad. She loved that it was just her and Zuko against everyone else here, she loved that they were a team. She loved-

Coming back up from the water Katara could hear someone entering her room but she must've missed them knocking before.

"Kat?" Zuko knocked on the closed door to the bathroom. She was relieved it was just him.

"I'm taking a bath," she called back and moved her bubbles of the bath around to cover herself.

"I'm not coming in, I'm just checking on you," he said behind the door.

"Why? Is everything okay?" Katara asked turning her head to the door.

"You take baths when you need to do some extra hard thinking, you've been off lately, stressed," Zuko crossed his arms as he rested his back against the door.

Katara sunk further row in the water so her lips were under water and her nose hovered above. She didn't answer. She didn't know how.

"Yea," she whispered sitting up and got out of the water, grabbing a soft robe to tie around her body. It was quiet as Zuko waited for her outside as Katara combed her wet hair in the mirror thinking about her reason, if she could make up a lie or how she could tell the truth.

Zuko closed his eyes listening to her foot steps against the tile in the bathroom, the water draining, she was moving items around. The door opened and he immediately moved out of the way and turned looking at her.

"I know who wants to kill you," she said with her eyes down.

Zuko didn't react, he stayed calm, let her walk to her bed and sat down.

"I let him have a chance to run, to save himself so he didn't have to be killed too, but he's still here, and I'm afraid he'll try to hurt you again," Katara sighed crossing her legs leaning back a little.