Control

Zuko and ty Lee went to train to get his mind off of the recent events. He was still uncomfortable with the situation but Ty Lee offered to keep him busy with training, he agreed knowing she'd be a challenge.

"You know You don't have to go easy on me?" Ty Lee back hand springed back away from Zuko since he agreed to no bending. He was wheezing for a breath.

"Oh geez, now I can go full force? How nice," he panted while ty Lee wasn't phased by it.

"Aren't you suppose to be a great breather for a fire bender? It's all about your breaths, control it," she smiled walking on her hands away from him. Zuko glared.

"Listen, it was a great joke," she stood back up with her arms crossed from his silent response.

"Alright, again," Zuko inhaled deeply and got back in stance.

"No, not until You can do a back hand stand properly, You need more core control," Ty Lee smacked the back of his head.

"I have core control!" He barked.

She kicked him in the stomach with a sweet smile while Zuko crumbled.

"I don't feel abs breaking my ankle, no you don't princey," she stood over his body as Zuko fought the urge to throw up.

"Your worse than Azula," he wheezed holding his stomach.

"Core control!" She screamed.

"I have core control!" He screamed back.

She put her hands on her hips not believing him as Zuko got to his feet with a long groan and took a few steps back to stay out of her reach.

Zuko sighed as he was about to do as she said but saw Katara come out to join them.

"Oh thank raava, kat," he smiled relieved.

"I suddenly have to go say hi to her, sorry ty lee we'll finish another year," Zuko back up from the gymnast with his hands up but went faster when the girl in pink started to follow.

"Please don't leave me with her, I don't wanna train anymore," Zuko ran over to Katara.

"You're a big boy, You can handle it yourself," Katara didn't even bother looking at him as she kept walking to the other exit.

Zuko blinked surprised as he let her walk out. He looked back at ty Lee wide eye and confused.

"Does she know?" Ty Lee whispered.

"Bout what?" He gulped.

"Dumb dumb, mai!" She exclaimed and Zuko paled.

"Did mai say something to her?" He started to stress again.

"I don't know maybe, she's obviously mad," Ty Lee looked over his shoulder to see it Katara was still close.

"Go talk to her," she tried to push him.

"...no..?" He breathed.

"What?! Why?!" Ty Lee screamed.

"I don't wanna... she's scary..."

She grunted pushing him again to the door and dragged Zuko down the halls as he was anxious. To much has happened today and he was over it all.

"You need to communicate to have a happy marriage! You have to talk to her!" Ty Lee whined as Zuko dragged feet and they both found Katara in the kitchen as she looked up confused at them while she was putting a type of fruit jelly on a piece of bread

"Yes?" Katara questioned.

"I'm here at back up," Ty Lee waved hiding behind Zuko.

"For?" She frowned.

Zuko pursed his lips not liking how this was going already.

"Uh you're mad," he gulped.

"Mad? Why would I be mad Zuko?" Katara leaned on the island counter in the palaces kitchen as she held her snack in her hand.

"C-can You tell me why your mad..?" He offered. He looked over his shoulder and Ty Lee gave him a thumbs up.  When he looked back at Katara, Ty Lee looked at her behind him just as confused.

"I said I'm not mad," she took a bit.

"Kat you're upset, did something happen?" He asked inhaled a breath.

Katara frowned and looked at ty Lee, the girl in pink got the hint and left them despite the desperation in zukos face for her to be a witness for them.

"So with us being legally married, are we having relationships on the side? Obviously can't marry another person but did I miss something?" Katara set her snack down with bitterness in her voice.

"You do know," he let out a breath of disappointment.

"Oh oh im sorry, was it a secret?" She gasped sarcastically.

"What did mai say?" Zuko crossed his arms looking down.

"No one told me anything, I saw," Katara glared a little. Was she suppose to be left in the dark? Was he not going to tell her? Somehow it hurt.

"I'm sorry Katara," he rasped not looking up.

"Do you still love her? I don't know what you two talked about but if you want to be in a relationship again with her... with someone like her," Katara felt anger bubble up remembering everything mai has said and done.

"If that's what you want then fine," she choked a little on that trying to keep her temper down. No matter how much it pained her.

"I don't, I don't want her Katara, i-I tried..." he felt ashamed saying it outloud as she was focused on him.

"I tried to say no, I'm sorry," Zuko sighed closing his eyes. Kataras anger immediately melted.

"What?" She whispered.

"I'm sorry, she just kept talking and kept touching and I felt cornered and-and I didn't want to kiss her but I just missed it in a way... I'm so sorry Katara," he rubbed the back of his neck embarrassed.

"What did she say to you? Did she hit you again?" Katara quickly got to him and pulled his hand off his neck.

"I don't want to repeat," Zuko avoided eye contact.

Kataras face softened, nodding to understand.

"That's okay, are You okay?" She asked gently.

Zuko frowned at that. He wanted to say yes he's fine, it didn't bother him, but in a way he wasn't okay with it, it hurt and it scared him. Because there was such a chance it was true.

"Ty Lee helped me out after, she got mai to stop," he smiled to reassure her.

"But are You okay?" She asked again concerned. Zukos smile dropped slowly and shrugged instead.

She wrapped her arms around his chest as Zuko rested his chin on top of her head and held her close.

"I wasn't mad that you kissed someone, I was upset thinking you got back with mai because of how she's been in the past, it's horrible what she gets away with and I don't want you thinking you deserve that kind of relationship," Katara squeezed him a little in the embrace and it made him smile.

"Really? It almost sounded like you were jealous before," he teased lightly but she squeezed him tighter as a warning.

"No, I thought you were past the mai bullshit," she scoffed letting go but Zuko held her tight against him with his face against her hair.

"I'm sorry for not telling you Katara," he whispered.

"It's okay, and it's kat to You mister," she smiled hugging him back again as she moved her arms up and around his shoulders.

"Oh I'm so honored to be allowed the pleasure of a nickname," Zuko smiled as she giggled in his arms. Rested her head relaxed against him, she enjoyed the warm surrounding her and the feeling of being held, and his scent, the sound of his heart beat.

"I'm going to kill mai also," she hummed.

"Please don't..."