Double crossed

Katara looked outside with a small sigh as she watched the rain pour, she changed into real clothes instead of the pajamas she wished she could've stayed in but unfortunately there was reputation to keep up on.

She waited for Zuko to come back from his small errands to meet with his sister so they could train when he got back. She wore her dark red high waisted pants that were baggy on her as well as a red cropped halter top that crossed across her chest. She gathered her hair up in a ponytail so it was off her neck.

"Oh Suki, hey," Katara saw the red head come in her room, she was soaked from the rain and didn't look thrilled.

"Uh what happened?" She blinked confused.

"Went for a walk," Suki huffed shaking out her short wet hair.

"How.. nice?" Katara raised a brow but decided not to press any more questions.

"If you want you can take a bath, clean up a little," she offered and went to put on sandals.

"Nah we won't have enough time," Suki pulled her hair half up to get out of her face.

"Enough time? Time for what?" Katara laughed a little looking over at her. Suki pursed her lips a little with a gulp. Shit.

"Time for what Suki?" She asked again confused.

"Before the rain stops, it's suppose to stop real soon," Suki lied turning away.

Katara looked out at the clouds, it was still dark, there was no way it was going to let up soon.

"So why were you out in the rain?" Katara narrowed her eyes glancing back.

"A walk," Suki kept her back to her.

"Did you see Zuko at all? Haven't seen him in a while," Katara crossed her arms suspicious.

"No," she said shortly.

Katara pursed her lips sitting on her bed and reached slowly under her pillow where she kept her small dagger and slid it under the band of her pants. Something felt off.

"I'm going to go see if he's in the training area," Katara gulped a little keeping her hand close to the blade as Suki tensed.

"Go ahead, no one's stopping you," Suki shrugged a little but she knew Zuko wasn't there.

Katara eyed her closely as she went to walk out of the room but gasped a scream when Suki covered her mouth and yanked her back, stealing the blade from her waistband and held it as far from Katara as she could.

"I wouldn't walk out that door with a knife Katara," Suki hissed.

"What the fuck Suki?!" She yelled but was slammed on the floor and had her arms pinned behind her back.

"I'm sorry but whatever your planning you need to not," the red head growled in her ear and set the blade in her belt behind her back.

"Then tell me what's going on, somethings up, you were lying before," Katara struggled under her grip.

"You don't need to know shit, just don't do anything stupid, we both have jobs to do," Suki warned with a glare.

"Like what?" Katara scoffed.

"Like get to Aang before we're being hunted," Suki pursed her lips with a frown. Katara froze.

"Aang? But..." Katara trailed off as fear set in her chest. Suki tsked and released her, they had an hour before they had to leave, she just had to keep Katara busy and soon out those doors. Out of the palace.

"Be honest, is something bad going to happen today?" Katara gulped pushing herself up to face the other girl.

She nodded.

"No.. it's not Zuko.. he's not..." Katara breathed wide eyes.

"We have an hour before we have to go, his orders," Suki stood back up with a dark look.

"You knew? He told you and gave what orders?" Katara barked standing up wide eyes.

"For payback of helping the freedom fighters I've been ordered to keep you safe, I'm doing what I'm ordered to do," she explained crossing her arms.

"What the fuck? Where is Zuko? Where the fuck is that idiot?!" Katara stormed to the door but screamed when Suki shoved her back and kicked her in the stomach before running out and locking Katara in her room by shoving the dagger in the lock.

"Suki!" Katara coughed and slammed her fists on the door.

"Sorry Katara but we don't have time for this shit," Suki hissed but jumped back when Katara slammed her body against the door.

"Fuck you let me out!" Katara screamed.

Zuko peaked out of his room hearing her and shook his head walking to Suki.

"She found out?" He whispered as he watched the door shake.

"Yep," Suki sighed crossing her arms again.

"You were right, she wouldn't have left You if she knew the truth," she whispered looking at him but could see the prince looked sad.

"No, she's mad and betrayed, but I can't have her here when it happens," he kept his eyes on the door and the banging stopped but Katara was still cussing and yelling for Suki.

"Do you want to say bye?" Suki looked down.

"No, tell her I'll see her soon, cause it I say good bye I don't think I'll be able to leave her," Zuko gulped and walked away before he was the one opening that door.

Suki sighed at the couple, she hated being a third wheel. She went back to open the door with taking the blade out of the lock and slowly opened the door when it was quiet.

"Katara? You better now? You got some lung for all that screaming you can do," Suki walked in but looked around to find Katara. She did not.

"Katara?" She looked in the bathroom and tilted her head confused.

"What..." she whispered but glanced over at the window.

The open window.

"Mother fucker... I am not being paid enough for this," sukis jaw dropped running to the window as the rain was still pouring.

There was no way she was being paid enough to fight a water bender in the rain. Nope. Not part of the job.

"Hey Zuko, so how pissed do you think your wife is?" Suki called back.