Determined

"Should we do something?"

"No they do this at least three times every time Zuko comes up by us," Yue stood with Katara and pulled her to the side before a spike of ice flew past them.

Pakku stomped his foot and pulled up as the snow trailing to Zuko turned to ice and spiked up but Zuko jumped out of the way and punched twice at pakku with fists of fire.

"Who usually wins?" Katara blinked confused.

"Hard to say, it's usually back and forth," Yue watched boredly.

"You disrespect me every time you come up here boy!" Pakku barked but dodged the wave of fire.

"I'm not a child! You said you would train her! You lied to me!" Zuko snarled. "She deserves the same respect as any other warrior you old fucking bastard!"

"There's his rage," Yue sighed crossing her arms.

"Can You two knock it off!" Katara stormed over to them but neither listened.

"Hey! I'm talking!" She screamed louder in case they didn't hear her.

"Katara please don't," Yue was now concerned seeing she kept getting closer.

"I said stop!" Katara yelled at the top of her lungs as the snow around both men froze up to their waist and put them both in their place.

"You need to knock your shit off prince Zuko, I don't need you defending my fucking honor," Katara walked up and grabbed him by the coat and pulled him close.

"Your embarrassing the both of us with this tantrum," she snarled with her own rage smoking off her.

"And a sour old man like you doesn't deserve respect if your a lying sexist pig! I'm just as much a warrior as any man in this tribe!" Katara pointed back at Pakku who was confused how she froze them when he was barely even on the ground.

"Little girls should not be on the battle field," pakku narrowed his eyes.

Zuko huffed fire through his nose with a glare.

"Go to the healing hut if you actually want to find validation," he chuckled and Katara looked at him wide eyes.

"I'll fight you myself to prove your wrong!" Katara spat but Zuko grabbed her arm even if he couldn't move his legs.

"Don't," he warned.

"I don't need your help," Katara yanked her arm back and unfroze pakku from the ground.

"I'll fight you right here, right now, if your man enough to face me," Katara threw off her coat on the ground as Zuko started to unfreeze himself with his fire but it wasn't fast enough.

"No," pakku smirked turning around to walk away.

"Fight me!" Katara yelled again.

He ignored her.

Katara clenched her fists as she shook in rage, Zuko backed over to Yue as she looked at the two water benders.

Katara raised her fist as water formed around her like a whip and she snapped it at the back of pakku. Everyone was silent.

Pakku slowly turned to her unamused as Zuko backed away a few steps more with Yue behind him.

"You want to fight?" He asked terrifyingly calm.

"Pay attention," he hisssed and spun around with a large amount of snow slamming into Katara and shoved her back.

Yue gasped but Zuko put a hand on her shoulder.

"We should stop this," she whispered.

"She needs to do this, she knows she'll lose," Zuko didn't take his eyes off them as Katara was immediately back on her feet. If he knew anything about his forced fiancé, he knew that she wouldn't give up until she couldn't move anymore, she had a fire in her.

Katara lifted the snow and turned it into ice as she sent multiple spikes at the master but he stopped it and spun it into a liquid back at her.

Katara parted the water around her and panted keeping her stance strong. Remembering how she's seen Zuko and azula train together, how Zuko kept his ground while azula was agile.

She gasped ducking out of the way but swiped her foot across the ground to send a wave of sharp ice at pakku. It hit him and shoved him back to the ground.

"Yes!" Zuko jumped a little seeing she was holding her ground. He saw Yue look at him with a smile and he coughed awkwardly looking away.

Pakku glared over at Zuko and darted back at the other water bender who had determination in her eyes. Neither of them would back down.

Katara ran at him with her hands ready to bend but suddenly pakku bender the snow into ice under her feet and created a ramp over himself as she slid into the air with a gasp, only to roll onto the snow and into a crouching position. Watching carefully as pakku created the ice back into water to slam into her.

Katara froze the ice under her feet to keep her steady as she blocked the water against her palm and splashed around her.

"You can't knock me down!" Katara snarled as Yue cheered, Zuko had a fond look on his face as he kept a small grin on his lips.

She splashed the water up but back backhanded it and tried to redirect it but Katara bended it down to the snow and tried to attack with her hands but he easily blocked her combat, she knew she was weak without her bending but it didn't stop her.

Pakku grew tired of this fight and pushed her across the court with a wave of ice water and she grunted hitting her head against the ground as he necklace fell off into the snow.

"Your a naturally gifted bender," pakku raised a brow with his hands behind his back. Katara got back to her feet with a small shuffle, she looked at Zuko as he stayed in his place, he nodded with confidence for her.

"Your still not going to train me, are you?" Katara huffed.

"No," he frowned again.

She growled and bended a wall of water behind her and punched it straight at pakku with a sneer as he easily flicked his hand up as he turned the water into ice shards to capture Katara in the ice as she was stuck between the spikes.

"Pakku enough!" Yue gasped covering her mouth as Katara grunted and struggling in the ice as Zuko ran past pakku with a small cuss.

"I'm not done," Katara hissed as Zuko started to melt the ice around her as pakku walk past the forced couple calmly.

"Yes you are," he sighed unamused. Pakkus foot hit something hard on the ground and saw the necklace laying in the snow.

"Hey don't touch that!" Katara gasped as she broke her hand free as soon as Zuko melted the ice enough.

"This is my necklace," pakku held it gently.

"No it's not, give it back to her," Zuko scoffed as he freed Kataras upper half in the icy prison.

"I made this for the woman I loved when I was your age..." he looked at Katara confused.

"You were suppose to marry my gran gran?" Katara asked softly with wide eyes.