Worried

Katana gasped bolting from her bed with both hands reaching out with sweat running down her face to her neck. She breathed heavily trying to catch her breath wide eyes.

"what happened?" Zuko looked over his shoulder.

Katara didn't answer right away as she looked around seeing she wasn't dreaming anymore.

"Fuck," she whispered covering her face.

That got Zuko to sit up rubbing his eyes, he yawned looking at her confused.

"Bad dream?" He asked quietly pushing her hair off her shoulders seeing the sweat.

"I think," Katara sighed.

He gently pulled her back to lay on the pillows, she stared at the ceiling comprehending that she was awake.

"Tell me what happened?" Zuko laid on his side watching her.

"I was falling, I don't remember much before that but I was falling from the clouds, I know I was facing the sky and my back was to the earth so I don't know how close to the ground I was," Katara covered her eyes with one of her hands.

"I couldn't breathe, but I wasn't crying,"

"Must've hit the ground when I woke up," she smiled turning her head to Zuko but stayed laying on her back.

"Your okay now at least right? On the ground and not splattered," Zuko teased.

"It was weird though, it was like another dream I had... before our wedding, deja vu," Kataras smile dropped a little.

She tried remembering anything else from her dream, but it felt calm, she was sitting above the clouds until she didn't feel anything under her and she was falling.

"We'll just keep you off the sides of appa, make sure you don't fall off the sides," he offered a smile.

"Appa... aangs pet," she remembered.

"Flying bison..." he breathed.

Both of them were silent, there would be no other way for her to fall from the clouds except from a flying bison. Katara gulped a little turning on her side to face him.

"It's just a dream, I've been on appa plenty of times and no one has ever fallen off on accident," Zuko reassured her and she snorted a little.

"So there was times it was on purpose?" She asked.

"Aang liked to jump off into the clouds a lot, and I got pushed once," he closed his eyes nodding.

"What did it feel like?" Katara asked again wide eyed.

"I mean I didn't realize what was happening at first, when I fell I thought I'd land right away like if you tripped, but I just kept falling for a while," Zuko explained calmly as Katara was memorized.

"I honestly never felt so at peace though, it was quiet, I wasn't touching anything, almost like when your underwater, I knew I'd be fine so I wasn't afraid," he opened his gold eyes again and smiled at her.

"It's addicting,"

Katara felt breathless looking at him, his eyes held so much life, his scars told so many stories. He was something else. But she wasn't scared to be close to him. It felt natural.

"I can't wait to feel that," she smiled softly.

Zukos heart fluttered at her voice, her smile, her. She was just as addicting. Unable to take his eyes from her.

Unaware of each other's feelings. Dancing around the other scared of rejection, scared they couldn't do this again one day. To be each other's comfort, each other's warmth.