Between life and death

You lie in the street, surrounded by shattered glass. You have a hard time staying conscious. Your whole body seems to be made of pain and yet you just feel nothing. "Help" you whisper so softly that nobody but you can hear it. When you speak you can hardly hear anything other than a wet rattle. With all the strength you can muster, you try to stay awake, but you find it increasingly difficult. "Miss? Oh my god, Nora quickly, call an ambulance!" you hear a voice calling from afar, your eyes are closed. "Hey, stay with us" the voice sounds closer now. You can feel someone patting your cheek. Slowly you manage to open your eyes again and see an older gentleman above you. "That's good. Keep your eyes open" you really try, but your eyelids are as heavy as lead. "The ambulance should be here soon" you can now hear a second, female voice. The next few minutes are strange. You see the ambulance come to a stop next to you. You can see one of the paramedics talking to the elderly couple while two others rush to you and begin resuscitation. But even though you can see all of this, you really don't get any of it. As if you were a spectator watching a play. "Is that what it is?" you ask yourself "Am I going to die here on the street surrounded by strangers? Without knowing how my life could have been? Now that I've slowly understood that there is more out there than what Brock gave me? Without ever seeing Bucky again "Will he know what happened to me? Will Brock get away with it?" at all these thoughts you start to cry. But that too is strange. You can feel tears running down your cheeks but when you look at your body your face is motionless. Next, you will be placed on a stretcher and taken to the ambulance. This turns on the sirens and races off. You can be stabilized again briefly in the ambulance. But as soon as it arrives at the hospital, your heart stops again and the resuscitation measures begin again. You will be taken to the operating room immediately and operated on. Just after the doctors have stabilized you for a few minutes, the situation will get worse again. It's a constant back and forth, a constant change between life and death. And for the entire surgery you are present again as a kind of spectator. A total of five people are trying to save your life. You have never seen so much blood in your life. Worst of all, something seems to have hit your stomach area, but you can't tell what. What you can see, however, are bones that protrude from both your left leg and your left arm. There also seems to be a large wound on the head - your hair is completely stuck together from the damp blood. A loud constant beeping draws your attention to a monitor where your values ​​are displayed. "Come on" you can hear one of the doctors. "Stay with us. You have to fight a little more," she says and luckily, a few seconds later your heart starts beating again. The constant beeping changes to a different rhythm - beep, beep, beep. "Come on Michelle, we can do it! We have endured and survived so much in life. We can't let it end like this" you try to motivate yourself to persevere. Hours pass while the doctors are continuously working on you. When your heart rate has stabilized for over an hour, two doctors begin working on the fractures. You almost feel sick when you see how the bones are pushed together again and then fixed from the outside with some kind of metal structure. At some point you will see the doctors begin to close all of your wounds, including the opening that was created to operate inside you. As soon as the last wound is closed and the doctors start to clean you up, you can feel yourself being drawn back into your body. And even before you are really aware of it, you will be drawn into a kind of vortex and instantly find yourself in impenetrable darkness.