Guess what

Barely twenty minutes later, Bucky parks the car in the Tower's underground parking garage. We walk to the elevator holding hands. As soon as we entered the elevator, Bucky pressed me against the wall and kissed me hard. I claw my hands into his hair, he grabs my thighs and lifts me up so I can wrap my legs around him. 

Sam: God, get a room. No one wants to watch you two make baby Barnes number two.

Sam's voice snaps us back to reality. We were so absorbed in each other that we didn't even realize that we were already at the top and the elevator doors were open. We giggle and look at each other, pulling away from each other.

Michelle: If Sam only knew.

Bucky: He's about to.

He kisses me again tenderly as the next voice demands our attention.

Leon: Mommy! daddy!

Leon runs towards us and stretches his arms out to Bucky. Bucky picks him up and leans him over so I can kiss Leon on the head.

Michelle: Hey darling! Did you have a nice day with Uncle Loki?

Leon nods enthusiastically.

Bucky: And what have you been up to?

Leon: Loki showed me magic tricks. Uncle Loki is so cool, he can flash fireworks out of his hands.

Bucky: But he's not cooler than daddy, is he?

Leon: Can you make fireworks too?

Ouch. We both know that Leon loves Bucky madly. Still, for a split second, I can see something like sadness on Bucky's face. In the next second Leon wants to be put down again and runs away. I hug Bucky and whisper in his ear.

Michelle: You may not be able to shoot fireworks out of your hands, but those hands can do other things that are much better.

Bucky: Is that so?

Michelle: Oh yes.

I reach out and kiss his hands. However, he still looks kind of sad. 

Michelle: What's up babe? 

Bucky: I have no idea. It's probably stupid to even think about it. But how am I supposed to keep up with magic? What if he finds the others more awesome than his boring old dad? 

Michelle: You're actually quite old. 

He looks at me in mock shock. 

Michelle: You will always be his hero. Maybe Loki can make fireworks with his hands, Scott can make himself as small as an ant and whatnot. But nobody's as cool as you. After all, you're the superhero he calls for at night when he's had a bad dream. You're the one who taught him to walk and talk and who swings him back and forth on his swing in the garden, even in the pouring rain, just because he wants to. You may not be a magician, but you are Superdad. And soon there will be a second child here who will be absolutely lucky to have you as a dad.

Bucky: Thanks Babe. I needed that.

Michelle: No need to thank me baby. I sometimes doubt too. I think that's part of being a parent.

Sam: Are you two going to get out of the elevator sometime today?

It's only when Sam reappears in front of us that we both realize that we're still in the elevator. I squeeze Bucky's hands, which I'm still holding, and we step out of the elevator. I greet Sam with a hug and he and Bucky greet each other with a chummy handshake.

Michelle: Sam? Are the others all at home too?

Sam: Actually, for once, everyone is at home. Why?

Michelle: Could you maybe bring everyone into the living room? Leon too?