We'll be on time

We've been home for almost a week now. As wonderful as the two weeks in France were, as soon as we landed, everyday life had us back. Tony, Leon, Pepper and Morgan greeted us at the airport and Leon has hardly left my side or Bucky's since. Two weeks without his candy-forbidding parents was probably just too long for him too. As soon as we were home and out of earshot of Tony and Pepper, I made an appointment with my gynecologist. Until we are 100% sure, we don't want to tell the others just yet. We haven't even said anything to Leon. I wouldn't take it if he was looking forward to a little sibling and I ended up not being pregnant after all. Today is finally the day and the doctor's appointment is coming up. Bucky really wanted to come with me, which I don't mind, but he's driving me crazy. He's so excited that he would have liked to go there as soon as the practice opened this morning. Somehow it's quite sweet how euphoric he is. So that we can attend the appointment undisturbed, we brought Leon to Loki this morning. Loki was so happy - as always - that he didn't even want to know why we need him as a babysitter today.

Bucky: Are you done? Not that we're going to be late.

Simultaneously annoyed and amused, I look up from my book, which I'm sitting on the sofa with. 

Michelle: Calm down baby. The appointment is only in half an hour and we need a maximum of ten minutes to get there by car.

Excitedly, he hops onto the sofa next to me. 

Bucky: I know! I can't wait to see our baby. I haven't been this excited since we first saw Leon on the ultrasound.

Michelle: You do realize that you probably can't see anything at this point?

I make a weird squeaking sound as he pulls me off the couch and spins me around.

Bucky: Just knowing it's there is enough.

How lucky can a person actually be? I look into his eyes as he sets me down and kiss him gently. Well, let's not keep papa bear waiting any longer.

Michelle: Ok papa bear. Let's go.

Bucky: Finally! But wait, I have one more thing to do before we go.

Serious? He's been stressing me out here all the time and now the gentleman isn't finished? But before I can get upset, he wraps his arms around me and kisses me deeply. The kind of kiss that usually ends with us lying naked and happy next to each other. To my disappointment, he's got it under control this time and ends the kiss before I can rip his clothes off. I look at him pouting.

Michelle: If we're too late anyway, you could have finished it.

Grinning, he laces his fingers with mine and leads me to the front door.

Bucky: Don't worry. I counted the time for the kiss into everything. And now let's go.