Tell me something that you can only know if you actually remember

The next morning I brought Leon back to me even though he was still asleep. I put him in his old crib, which was easy to push around, and put him next to me by Bucky's bed. Sometime around nine o'clock Leon started to cry and I put him out of the crib on my lap. Knowing that he is not alone seems to calm him down immediately, because he snuggles up to me and dozes off again. My baby - i missed so much in his life. "Michelle?" a rasping voice pulls me out of my thoughts and I look up. Bucky looks at me sleepily. He looks at me! He is awake! "Hey baby" I say softly and cuddle Leon a little closer to me. He opens his eyes in surprise when he hears the nickname. "Baby? You ... you called me baby?! And you ... you have Leon with you?" confused, he looks from Leon to me and back again. "Of course I have our son with me," I put my hand on his. "I remember again baby." "Really??" he looks at me in disbelief and I nod. "Then tell me something that you can only know if you really remember" he asked me. "Do you remember the night you came back to me as the winter soldier and wanted to kill me?" He looks sad when he nods. "You fought your way out of the manipulation because of us. And when you disappeared in the morning, when I thought I had finally lost you forever, you left your dog tags behind. They were on my bedside table when I woke up in the morning." Tears run down his cheeks. Whether it is tears because of the memory of that night, or whether it is tears of joy because I remember again, I cannot say. I put Leon, who is fast asleep again, back in his crib and sit down on the bed with Bucky. I wipe the tears from his face. "You remember again. Since when? How?" he still can't believe it. Before I answer him, I lean over and kiss him. Even if I didn't know until recently, God, how much I missed kissing him. Not that I hadn't kissed him before, but there it was for other reasons. To just have him in front of me now, my Bucky, and to be myself again - this kiss is the most beautiful thing I've felt in a long time. "It must have happened sometime when I was passed out after the mission. What do you remember from the mission?" I ask him. "I was distracted, I was worried about you. I knew that you could defend yourself, but I was still afraid that something could happen to you. The last thing I know is that I was lying on the ground and some kind of robot came up to me. After that, everything is black." I tell him about how I found him and threw myself protectively over him when I noticed the flamethrower and that I protected ourselves with a kind of force field. That I then also lost consciousness and have not been conscious again for that long. "And since I've regained consciousness everything is back. Every memory, every feeling - I know everything again." "You protected me when you didn't have your memories back?" Bucky can't help but smile proudly. I feel the heat rising in my cheeks and I look to the side. Bucky sits up and turns my face back to him. "Why?" he would like to know. "I might not remember what was between us, but I ..... I was about to fall in love with you again." The smile he gives me now is so sincere, loving and happy. "At first I found you damn annoying. But somehow I liked that annoying thing," I admit. Bucky stretches out his arms and I gently snuggle up to him. "I love you Michelle and I am so glad that everything will now be the same as it was before." After a while, Leon wakes up again. I bring him to bed with us and Bucky happily takes him in his arms. "I'll get him something to eat for breakfast. And I think I should let the others know that you're awake." Fully focused on our son, he just nods in agreement and I have to smile at the sight. I kiss both of them on the head and leave the room. I finally have my life back. I'll do what I can to keep it from slipping out of my hands again.