A day at the lake

The next morning I can't believe how relaxed and happy I am. Last night was beautiful - almost like before. As if we hadn't largely lived past each other for the past five years. I must have slipped away from Bucky a bit during the night. As far as I can remember I snuggled up close to him before I fell asleep. Now there is some distance between us and only his hands touch my body. As hot as it is in the tent, I'm not really surprised. I love Bucky but his body is always so warm. That combined with the outside temperature sometimes feels like sleeping in a furnace. Now that I'm awake I slide a little closer to him and kiss him. He sighs softly, but stays asleep. I glance at my phone to see what time it is. It's already half past nine. I decide to let Bucky sleep and meanwhile prepare something for breakfast. But when I sit up, a strong arm wraps around me and pulls me back onto the mattress. Bucky gives me a sleepy, playful grin as he bends over me. 

Bucky: Where do you think you're going?

Playful, he kisses all over my face.

Michelle: I'm hungry and wanted to make breakfast.

The next second I hear a loud growl that isn't mine.

Michelle: And from the sound of it, someone else is hungry.

Bucky: Maybe.

But instead of letting me get up, he literally buries me under him and starts to tickle me.

Michelle: Bucky..... stop it.....

Laughing, I try to wriggle out of his grip. 

Bucky: Ok, I'll let you go, on one condition.

Michelle: Which would be?

Bucky: I'll get a kiss before you get up.

He can have that. I pull him down to me and kiss him. When he curls his lips into a smile, I turn us around and deepen the kiss. He wraps me in his arms and hugs me.

Bucky: I thought you were about to get up?

He asks slightly breathless. Well, if you're going to remind me so nicely. I grab his hands and press them onto the mattress above his head.

Michelle: I will.

Another quick kiss and I jump out of bed before he can hold me back. 

Bucky: That's not fair baby.

He calls after me from the bedroom as I disappear into the kitchen. A few minutes later I hear the shower. Bucky probably needs to cool off now. I giggle knowingly to myself as I make our breakfast. I make coffee, put bread in the toaster and get eggs and bacon from the fridge and fry them both. As I flip the bacon in the pan, Bucky comes up behind me and hugs me. His head rests on my shoulder. His hair is still damp and he smells so incredibly good that for a moment I forget what I'm actually doing here. Maybe I should take a cold shower too.

Bucky: Bacon, eggs, toast, holding my beautiful wife - god, am I a lucky guy.

Michelle: Would the lucky guy set the table outside?

He plants a kiss on my cheek before grabbing a rag and heading outside. A short time later he comes back in to fill two cups with coffee and takes them outside with him along with milk and sugar. When everything is ready I place eggs, bacon and toast on two plates and follow him outside. Like yesterday, we sit across from each other and enjoy our breakfast. It's still pleasantly cool outside, but you can already feel that another hot day is ahead of us.

Bucky: What are we going to do today?

Michelle: Can we go swimming?

Bucky: Sure. Definitely a good idea in this heat.