The time has come

Finally, it's June 1st. I'm so excited that I hardly slept all night. Unlike my bridesmaids. Since, as is tradition, Bucky and I didn't spend the night before the wedding together, the girls and I ended up having a slumber party. Tony brought Pepper, Morgan, Nat, Wanda and Mj here last night and in turn took Bucky with him. After Leon and Morgan were in bed we organized a wellness evening with a few bottles of wine. Face masks, pedicure, manicure - everything that goes with it. Right now I'm sitting on my bed freshly showered and in my bathrobe waiting for Nat and Wanda to come back to help me with my hair and makeup. Since we want to use our garden as a location, Pepper and MJ have been rearranging, setting up and preparing all morning with a team of wedding planners. I am extremely grateful to both of them. Especially MJ, after all she has only known us all since Christmas. Loki also came by early this morning to take care of Morgan and Leon while we were busy. I walk over to the window and look down in fascination at the changes in our garden. Flower arrangements are scattered throughout the garden - white and gray gardenias and roses. At the very end, by the small river, there is a kind of pavilion where Bucky and I will say yes later. In front of it are cedar benches, four pieces in total, with a passage in the middle. Since our lawn is beautiful I didn't want to cover it with a rug or anything. Since we don't really have many acquaintances, that's enough. In the end it will just be the two of us and our family. It saddens me that an important person will be missing. I invited Zemo, after all he was the only family I had for a long time. But unfortunately he doesn't make it. He says that unfortunately he has important appointments that make it impossible for him to come, but I think it's more because he's not exactly keen on spending a whole day with the Avengers. Even if everyone has forgiven him for what happened between them at the time. At least since they knew that he took care of me when I didn't know who I was, they forgave him everything. I sigh sadly as the door behind me opens. "How do we look?" I turn around and see Nat and Wanda in their bridesmaid dresses. They both look beautiful. Nat has her hair braided into a filigree braid and Wanda wears her hair loose and in thick curls. "You look so pretty" I wipe a tear from my eye. We hug and as Nat disappears into my closet, Wanda whispers in my ear, "Don't worry. Even if he doesn't come, he'll definitely be thinking about you." I keep forgetting that Wanda can read minds. She doesn't usually do this, but she seems to have sensed my sad mood. "I know. But I was hoping that maybe he would make it here after all." She smiles at me encouragingly but says nothing more. "I still can't believe that today is finally the day. Then we'll make you the most beautiful bride anyone has ever seen." Nat took the garment bag with my wedding dress out of the closet and put it on the bed. "Exactly. I can put on your makeup while Nat does your hair?" suggests Wanda and I am so grateful to both of them. I'm so excited and nervous my hands won't stop shaking and I'd probably end up looking more like a clown than a princess. While Wanda applies delicate makeup to me, Nat twists my hair into soft waves. "Do you have bobby pins anywhere?" she asks me. "Yes, look in the top drawer. There's a diamond-shaped clasp inside." "It's beautiful," Nat murmurs as she holds the clasp in her hand. "Thanks. It was my mother's. It's pretty much the only memento I have of her." Nat braids the front strands of my hair and pins them at the back of my head with the clip. When I look in the mirror now, I almost start crying again. I look gorgeous. "You two are amazing" I blink hard to hold back tears. "We just underlined what's already dormant in you anyway," Wanda says as she and Nat smile at me in the mirror. "Ok, I'd say now it's dress time" Nat claps her hands excitedly. Yes, it's time for my dress. I get up and put on my bathrobe. When the two see what I'm wearing underneath, they whistle enthusiastically. I spin in a circle and pose in front of them. I figured I'd surprise Bucky with some new lingerie for today's occasion. I'm wearing a white lace corsage and a matching thong. Nothing elaborate but still impressive. "Oh wait, that reminds me of something" Nat sort of runs out of the room and comes back with something a little later. She puts a baby blue garter in my hand. "Well I thought since you and Bucky have been keeping it more traditional - you know you didn't spend the night together - and you already have something new and something old, that you could use something blue and something borrowed as well. So I asked Pepper if she had an idea and she gave me this garter. So we have something blue and borrowed at the same time." "Thanks Nat" I hug her and put on the garter. With so much tradition and lucky charms, marriage can only be a dream. I slip into my dress and Nat and Wanda help me pull it up and tie it. While Nat fastens the dress on my back, Wanda tucks my veil into my hair. Finally, I slip into my shoes - simple, white, shimmering pumps. I turn around to look at myself in the mirror. I actually look like a princess. "You look beautiful little one" I hear Tony say, suddenly standing in the doorway. I didn't even hear him come in. He looks at me speechless and has tears in his eyes. "The most beautiful bride ever," Wanda murmurs in agreement. "Bucky is such a lucky guy," confirms Nat. "Thanks. But I wouldn't look half as good without you two." I pull the three of them into a hug before Nat and Wanda leave the room. "Ready?" Tony asks me. "Yes! I can't wait to finally marry Bucky." I grab my bridal bouquet from the bed - also white and gray roses - before I link my arm with Tony and we head downstairs.