How about you help us?

The coming days go by in a flash. Most of the time I spend with Wanda who continues to teach me to control my power. Meanwhile I can use them as I want, but I still can't separate the protective shield from my memories. Unless I'm training with her, I spend most of the time with Bucky and Leon. I haven't told anyone yet, but now even this version of myself loves Bucky very much. And Leon is such a sweet darling that I can count myself lucky that he is apparently my son. But although I feel very drawn to him, we didn't get any closer than cuddling. I have decided to stay here no matter if we manage to bring back my memories. It kind of feels right. Today is the sixth day and I'm on my way to the gym when Tony calls me over. The others, including Tony and Bucky, were in a crisis briefing all day, apparently there are some issues that require the Avengers to step in. "Hey, um, we could use your help. On a mission. Want to help us?" Tony seems kind of nervous. "Sure, it could be interesting," I agree when something occurs to me. "But I don't have any combat equipment or anything like that with me." A mischievous grin appears on his face. "I think I have a solution for that." Tony pulls a package out from behind his back, it's black and has a big red bow in the middle of the lid. He watches tensely as I open it and look inside. Oh my God! There is a full body suit in the package. I take it out and am amazed. It is made of black fabric with red accents. Holsters for guns and knives are attached to the outer thighs. A kind of padding is built into the shins to provide additional protection against injuries. A construction made of leather straps is attached to the chest, which converges on the back and reveals a device to which a quiver for arrows can be attached. "Thanks Tony! The suit is perfect," I hug him happily. "The suit is specially designed to withstand your power. It is heat-resistant, even lava could not decompose it." Tony sounds very proud when he describes the suit that he apparently made especially for me. I feel like a little child who finds a mountain of presents under the Christmas tree on Christmas morning. "So are you in?" Tony asks eagerly. "Well, it just so happens that I have nothing else to do at the moment. When do we start?" Tony raises his eyebrows "Right now to be honest." I run to my room while Tony goes back to the others in the conference room. The suit fits perfectly, I have to ask Tony where he got my exact measurements. Before I also go to the conference room, I rush to the gym and grab a Beretta and one of the throwing knives. I briefly consider whether I should also take a bow with me, but decide against it. I don't know what to expect yet, the bow might just interfere. When I walk into the conference room, everyone is staring at me. "Wow, Tony, when will I get my custom made suit?" asks Wanda as she feels the material of my suit. Tony just shrugs his shoulders and turns back to a screen on which a tactical field is recorded. I sit in an empty chair between Sam and Bucky. "The suit suits you," whispers Bucky, which makes me blush. Tony gives a short summary of what awaits us on the mission. Apparently there are still hydra agents out there who are in the process of gaining a foothold and who are currently trying to get hold of various biological weapons. At the mention of Hydra, I immediately get angry. I was so hoping that the explosion I caused would wipe out this organization for good. After Tony has finished everyone gets up and leaves the room. "Ready?" asks Bucky who is the only one still here. "I guess so. This is different from what I usually do when I'm charged with something." He takes my hand and gives it a reassuring squeeze. "Tony would certainly understand if you didn't come with us." I give him a little smile. "No, it's all right. Let's kick Hydra's ass." Followed by Bucky, I also leave the room and we drive up to the roof where the jet is located. It doesn't take long to find ourselves in the middle of the action. Since our fighting style is similar, Tony decided to team me up with Nat. I've fought bad guys many times before, but this is something completely different. Usually I can always spy on my victims beforehand and adjust to what is in store for me. But here so many different individuals meet, all of whom fight differently in some way, and sometimes use weapons that I have never seen before, that at first I am actually somehow overwhelmed. But the assassin's natural instincts quickly take over in me and I fight mercilessly. Nat and I are really so similar in our fighting style that we form a perfect team and eliminate every opponent who gets in our way in an absolutely harmonious choreography. I never thought it was possible to work with anyone, to entrust my life to someone else during a fight, but that suspicion has completely disappeared. I have just knocked out another Hydra agent with the throwing knife when I get a strange feeling inside me. I can't name it, but it's similar to the headache that always strikes me when I threaten to remember. I look around and freeze when I see Bucky, injured, lying on the floor. Out of the corner of my eye I see a kind of robot rolling towards him. It is a kind of small tank that is equipped with a flamethrower at the front. No! Bucky lies motionless and if the robot is not stopped, it will use the flamethrower against Bucky. Without thinking about it, I run up to him and throw myself protectively over him. I have no idea why I decided to do that of all things, maybe I should have targeted the robot. But just as I hear the flames shooting out of the machine, this energy rushes through me again, which I thought I had actually brought under control in the last few days. Again it feels like I'm going to explode and actually this time the energy radiates from me and forms a kind of protective shield around us. The flames lick up on it but do not reach us. I feel the heat of the fire. But instead of eating its way through me, it feels more like I have a hot pad of warmth on my body. I don't know why but suddenly the heat is gone. Exhausted, I feel the energy pulling back into me before I collapse on Bucky.