Let's go wedding dress shopping

At the end of March the day came when me and the girls went shopping. Our goal - my wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses. Although Nat and Wanda are my main bridesmaids, Pepper and MJ decided to join their outfit. We are just standing in front of a beautiful old building in which the bridal shop is located. Endless Dreams is written in curved letters on a brass plate above the front door. Pepper organized a private shopping appointment for us here. She had also bought her wedding dress here at the time. "Good morning, ladies" we are greeted by a much too thin young woman. Her black hair is tied back in a bun and her makeup accentuates her already angular features. I'm glad when Pepper takes the lead. The lady seems somehow snooty and I immediately dislike her. "Good morning. We rented the entire store for a private round of shopping this morning," says Pepper, unfazed by the shop assistant's unfriendly look. As soon as she heard that, a mock friendly smile spread across her face. Apparently she senses a big deal. I mean, who can afford to rent an entire store all to themselves? "Ah, then you are Ms. Potts with her friends" the saleswoman's tone is so feignedly friendly that it almost makes me nauseous. "Mrs. Potts," Pepper corrects the woman, making her look confused. "Then you are not looking for a dress for yourself?" Apparently she thought Pepper would be the lucky one again. "No. At least not primarily. We are looking for a wedding dress for my friend here" she pulls me by my hand next to her and I give the sales clerk a tight forced smile. When she sees me, she not only seems forced friendly but downright jealous. "You lucky ones. When is the big day?" "We haven't made up our minds yet. Sometime in June," I reply. I have no idea why I said that. In fact, the date has already been set. We will say yes on June 1st. "With her measurements you shouldn't have any trouble finding the perfect dress here." She looks me up and down before turning and asking us to follow her. A little later we find ourselves in a powder pink room where pretty much everything seems to be made of velvet. Except for the walls, they are made entirely of mirrors. There are comfy looking squishy armchairs and a dressing room. "Ok, this space is all yours for as long as you need it. You can bring any clothes you want to try on here. If you don't like a dress, just hang it on the rail to the left of the dressing room, I'll take care of it later. If you need help with anything or have any questions, don't hesitate to call me" as she finishes, she points to the name tag on the lapel of her blazer. Monica can be read on it. She's almost outside when Pepper calls her back. "Would you bring us some champagne, please? And maybe some juice for my daughter?" Monica nods, looking like she's bitten into a lemon. "Ok, do you have any idea what you want your dress to look like?" Wanda asks when we are alone again. "Not really. One moment I want it plain and simple. The next moment I want it pompous with lots of tulle, lace and all sorts of frills. But actually I have no idea" I sound hopeless. For the past few weeks, since I found out about today's appointment, I haven't thought of anything else, but I can't decide on anything. "Maybe we should check on your dresses first? Maybe I'll get a flash of inspiration in the meantime?" I suggest. The others don't need to be told twice. We leave the room and look around outside. I wanted my bridesmaids to wear silver gray dresses. A cold but beautiful color. And as weird as it sounds, it kind of reminds me of Bucky's arm and I want to show him again that I love everything about him. I have no idea if that makes sense. With four different dresses, which each of them takes with them in the right size, we go back to our private room. We even found a cute silver colored dress with little icy blue flowers on it for Morgan. Back in the room we see a tray with champagne and juice. Each of us takes a glass and we toast. While the others try on the clothes - amazing that all four plus Morgan fit in the dressing room - I sit outside and wait. My cell phone beeps. A message from Bucky. "So how's it going? Found the perfect dress yet?" "No. The others are trying on their dresses right now. I just can't decide on anything. In the end I'll be standing in front of the altar in sweatpants ;)" "Sweatpants, potato sack - it doesn't matter. The main thing is that you're the one I'm marrying :-*". "Thank you baby. I love you <3" "I love you too Mrs. Barnes <3". I probably really shouldn't think about it that much. The first three dresses are hideous. Plush sleeves, sewn-in bodices, gathered fabric, and a silver tone that's neither pretty nor mysterious. I'm already afraid that nothing suitable can be found when the curtain to the cabin opens. Morgan is still jumping around in her cute flower girl dress. The others just look great. These are the perfect dresses. Silver, shimmering with a slit on the left thigh. Thin diamond-studded straps that run down the back and open into a low back. Although my four friends couldn't be more different in appearance, the dress of each of them is perfect. Tight-fitting, it flatters their bodies and flatters their skin colors. "Oh my god..... you look amazing" I have tears in my eyes, I'm so happy about it. "We look really hot," Nat says as she looks at herself in the mirror. "But don't we look too good?" MJ asks uncertainly. "Too good?" I ask confused. "Well" she's fussing "I read somewhere that the bridesmaids should look extra inconspicuous so that the bride shines more." "I don't mind you all looking hot" i say, giving her a reassuring smile. "I'll drink to that" Pepper toasts us and we all laugh. After they've changed we go back to the salesroom and look for wedding dresses for me. I take a few dresses to the dressing room - but hate them all. I either look misshapen or too sloppy. It's either too much frills or not enough. "Try this on" Nat hands me another dress when I've lost all desire to try on more dresses. Alright. One last dress, and if that's as awful as the others, I'm marrying Bucky in sweatpants. When I step out of the cabin, the others look at me with open mouths. "So terrible?" I ask dejectedly. "You look like a princess" says Morgan and Pepper motions me to look in the mirror. I turn around and gape at myself. Wow! The dress is floor length. It is fitted to the waist and then falls in a full skirt. The skirt is made of tulle and flows into a long train. It is backless and has a clevage in the front that goes down almost to the waist. The clevage is lined with see-through close mesh. Silver blossoms made of lace fabric extend from the straps and extend extensively into the skirt. "You look beautiful" I hear Pepper saying behind me. "Bucky won't be able to keep his hands off you," says Nat. I turn back to them and am really crying now. Tears of joy. Seconds later, I find myself in a group hug. What seemed absolutely impossible a few hours ago now seems to be becoming a reality. Back in the cabin, I send Bucky a quick message. "Looks like I won't have to get married in sweatpants after all ;)."