Ready to go home?

It's the day I'll be released from the hospital. Dr. Gray just checked me out one last time and gave me my discharge papers. After she has said goodbye and wished me all the best, I take the small bag that contains my few things and go downstairs and step outside in the sun. Bucky had brought me a couple of clothes to change, I don't know where from and I never asked him where he got the things from. I guess he just bought new things. I'm waiting for Bucky in front of the door. He left a few hours ago to trade the motorcycle he came here on for a car. Walking and standing is still exhausting, but on the whole it can be done without any restrictions. A few minutes after I got down, a sleek car pulls up to me. A shiny black Audi A8. As soon as the car is parked, the door opens and an excited Bucky comes up to me. He holds out his hand and signals to me to give him my bag. "Bucky, I can carry the bag myself." Sturdy he keeps his hand outstretched until I hand him the bag with a mock exaggerated sigh. "Although Dr. Gray said that you don't have to stay in bed any more, she also said that you should take it slow," he says while he stows the bag in the trunk and then opens the passenger door for me. As he walks around to the driver's side, I buckle up. As he straps himself into the driver's seat, he looks over at me. "Ready?" he asks. Am i ready? I don't know. Somehow I'm looking forward to getting the chance to start over. And yes, I'm really looking forward to spending a lot of time with Bucky. But what if I become a burden to him? What if his roommates don't like me? So many unanswered questions on my mind. "Is it really okay if I stay with you for the time being?" I ask uncertainly. "Hey .." he says and looks me in the eye. "Of course it is. And as long as your ex-boyfriend is still running around out there, it's safer for you. You will have your own room. As far as I know my roommates have made sure that you are comfortable. If you want we can go to your apartment in the next few days and get some of your things." In the brief silence that arises between us, he starts the car and drives off. "I don't even know how to ever thank you Bucky," I say quietly, more to myself. "You don't have to thank me. I just want you to be safe. That you don't have to be afraid of your ex-boyfriend anymore. And if you live with us I can protect you" he throws me a short, bright smile before he looks back at the Street. We spend the rest of the drive home in silence, listening to the music on the radio. The drive home is over much too quickly. We drive into an underground car park and park in a reserved parking space. I've never seen a garage this big in my life. There would easily be space for two football fields here. We get out and Bucky gets my bag out of the trunk. "Come on, I can't wait to show you everything" Bucky looks excited, like a little boy who wants to show his parents something great. His joy is contagious and I smile and follow him to an elevator. A few seconds after Bucky pressed the button, I hear the ping and the elevator doors open. Inside, Bucky presses the button for the second floor. When we get to the top, we go straight into a spacious room, which I think is a living room. There is comfortable seating, a huge sofa, a TV and various game consoles. Bucky puts the bag next to the elevator door. "Well, this is the living room. We all have televisions in our rooms, but in the evenings most of us sit comfortably together here," he begins to tell. He opens a door to our right and reveals a large bathroom. "This is the shared bathroom. But there is also a bathroom attached to each bedroom." "What's in there?" I ask, pointing to a passage that leads to another room to the left of the living room. Bucky signals to me to follow him. "This is our kitchen." Wow! The kitchen is breathtaking. It is completely in light gray and has all the bells and whistles you could want. There is also a long dining table in this room. Who knows, maybe one day I can cook here. I love cooking, especially when I can cook for others."There is a gym and a swimming pool on the first floor. Tony and Bruce have their offices and laboratories on the third floor. The floors above house some kind of conference rooms. And from the entrance hall below you come into the garden that belongs to this tower." "Wow" is all I can say about it. The living room alone is as big as my entire apartment. "In the beginning it's just unbelievable. But you get used to it at some point," says Bucky and looks around the room with admiring approval. "Well, if that's not Barnes and his girlfriend" I turn around and see a dark-haired man in front of me who seems likeable. "Really Tony?" says Bucky as he walks up to Tony and greets him. "Sorry Barnes, but it had to be." The man turns away from Bucky and comes to me. "Nice to finally get to know you Michelle. Bucky hasn't stopped talking about you for months and has made everyone extremely curious." I blush and look to the ground. "No need to blush. Glad to see that you seem to be feeling better so far." "Yes, I'm fine so far, thank you Mr ....?" I pause because I don't know Tony's last name. "Stark. Mr. Stark," he replies. I look puzzled at Bucky. Did i hear right? Tony Stark? "Tony Stark? Like the guy who's Iron Man?" I still look confused at Bucky. "I see Barnes has kept everything interesting to himself again. Yes, I'm Iron Man. And this is the Avengers home." "Bucky why didn't you mention that?" I ask him. "I don't know, didn't seem so important to me," he says with a shrug. "Barnes here is always afraid that you won't see anything in him but an Avenger." But Bucky is so much more than an Avenger! Bucky looks kind of upset. Since neither of them says anything anymore, I decide to change the subject. "Anyway, thank you Mr. Stark for letting me stay here for the time being." "Don't worry, kid. You can stay here as long as you want. Oh and call me Tony." I can see that Tony doesn't really know whether to hug me in greeting or not. I guess Bucky told him a lot about what happened. To be honest, I don't know how I would react if someone other than Bucky touched me. I give him a smile and say, "Thank you very much, Tony." "Where are the others?" Bucky joins the action again with a question. "They're still on a mission. I guess they'll be back sometime tonight. Michelle can get to know the whole team tomorrow." I feel nervous at the thought of meeting the rest of the Avengers. "Barnes, how about you show Michelle her room?" suggests Tony. "Sure. Come with Michelle, I'll show you your room." He goes back to the elevator and takes my bag. Then he leads me through the living room into a long hallway. Several doors are lined up here next to each other. At the end of the hall, really damn far back, Bucky stops in front of a door on the right. He opens it and I can hardly believe what I see in front of me. A huge, bright room extends in front of me. The walls and furniture are completely white while the bedspread, curtains and a carpet on the floor create splashes of mint green. Black and white pictures of flowers and landscapes hang on the wall above the bed. Opposite the bed is a chest of drawers with a large television on it. To the left of the bed, the wall consists almost entirely of a large window. There is another door a little way from the chest of drawers. When I open it, the astonishment only increases. The bathroom is kept in rather dark colors. I can't believe it, I have a shower and a bathtub !! I turn around and see Bucky uncertainly waiting for my reaction.