Half a year later

Half a year later. It's the beginning of December and by now we've settled in really well. I am completely absorbed in my role as a housewife and mother, while Bucky continues to go on smaller missions and otherwise is completely absorbed in his father's role. Leon is now walking all by himself and can already speak shorter sentences. So that the others don't miss Leon too much, we have arranged that Leon sleeps in the tower once or twice a week. He was back there last night so Bucky and I had the whole house to ourselves. We were out, had a romantic dinner and then went to the cinema. We both make sure that our relationship doesn't fall asleep by using the free time as quality time. When we woke up the next day, it was already noon. "Good morning baby" Bucky kisses the tip of my nose and almost clings to me like a spider monkey. "Good morning? You mean noon," I giggle and draw his attention to the clock. "Good noon then" he playfully kisses my chin and jaw before he kisses me on the lips. "Any plans for today?" he asks between kisses. "Well, we have to pick up our son. And I thought I was going to the mall with him, Wanda and Nat to get Christmas presents." "Then I won't even appear in your plans? I have to change that," he smiles mischievously at me. "Oh yeah? And how exactly are you going to do that?" "Oh, I have my options" he almost buries me as he starts to tickle me. The next half hour is filled with our laughter. We cuddle, make out, cuddle again and are just happy to be with each other. When I want to get up at some point, Bucky pulls me back into his arms. "Where do you think you're going honey?" "I wanted to take a shower." He turns me on my back and kisses me. "I have a much better idea." This time I'll turn the tables. I turn him back on his back, kiss him briefly and hop out of bed. "You can't just leave me here," whines Bucky. "Nobody said that you weren't allowed to shower with me," I shout as I turn on the water. Almost immediately, Bucky stands behind me and wraps his arms around me. He turns me around and covers my whole face with kisses. As playful as he is today, I haven't seen him in a long time. "You are so playful today" I say as the water runs over our bodies. "I'm just so happy. Waking up next to you every morning feels like a dream." I kiss him "But it's not a dream. It's real" I kiss him again before leaning my head against his chest and just enjoying his touch. He's right. Every day feels like a dream. And even if I am overjoyed, I am afraid that fate will thwart our plans again at some point. I know we should be optimistic, but the past has shown that fate is not necessarily good for us. When we lathered each other with shampoo, showered and dried off, I stand in front of the closet and look for todays outfit. In the meantime, Bucky has spoken to Steve on the phone and decided to come to the tower with me. Today I choose black jeans, a cream-colored sweater made of angora wool, black flat boots and my thick black winter jacket. It snowed overnight and the snow-covered landscape outside looks like a fairytale. I take one last look in the mirror when Bucky pulls me close. "We could also get Leon tonight and go back to bed," he mumbles as he kisses my neck. "Not today. I have an appointment with Nat and Wanda and if you've forgotten Steve is waiting for you." Bucky pouts and looks at me with puppy eyes. "Stop pouting baby" I stand on tiptoe so my lips are right against his ear. "If you are good today you can do whatever you want with me tonight" while I say this I deliberately stroke the place of his jeans under which his dick waits longingly for me. "You're unfair," he pouts a little more now. "Come on, let's go. The others are waiting." As he follows me down the stairs, he says "prepare yourself for an unforgettable sleepless night." I grin. He can't see that because I'm walking ahead of him and I'm already looking forward to tonight. If he "threatens" me with an unforgettable sleepless night, I can be sure that I won't get much sleep. We get into his car and, as always, his hand rests on my thigh for the ride. "By the way, I was thinking about celebrating Christmas and New Year's Eve at our home this year? Christmas would be the first major celebration we'd have in our own home. Pepper and Tony could bring Morgan with them and she could stay with Leon. What do you think of that?" He gives me a short smile before concentrating on the road again. "That's a great idea honey." When we arrive at the tower, we drive into the garage where Tony has reserved two parking spaces for us. We'll take the elevator up. As soon as the door opens in front of us, we are greeted by a happy Leon who wobbles towards us. "Mommy! Daddy!" "Hello honey" I pick him up, hug him and kiss his forehead. Seconds later he is already stretching out his arms to his father and I pass him on to Bucky. "Hello little one. Did you have a lot of fun with Uncle Loki and the others?" Leon nods excitedly and snuggles up to Bucky. As much as Leon is always happy when he can spend time with the others, nothing seems to go beyond the time and closeness to his father for him. My two men. "Well, is your house still standing?" Sam greets us both and obviously alludes to the fact that we don't always have sex in the bedroom. "Seriously Sam?" I ask with a laugh. That he still has to allude to the one time we had sex here in the kitchen. "As late as you two show up, Sam's question may not be entirely unjustified" Wanda hugs me and Bucky. "Ok guys, can we stop talking about Buckys and my sex life?" I feel like I'm blushing again, but Bucky looks immensely proud. "I agree to that. You make the rest of us look completely prudish" Nat comes up to me laughing and greets us both with a hug as well. "How's it going ladies? Can we go?" she asks and looks at Wanda and me waiting. We both nod. I get Leon's stroller that is in the cloakroom and Bucky puts him in it. "Take good care of mommy, yes?" he kisses Leon on the head before he kisses me on the lips. "Ciao ciao baby" he whispers against my lips. "Ciao ciao baby" I whisper back and steal another kiss. While we are getting into the elevator, Sam and Bucky walk away. "Sometimes I'm almost jealous of what you and Bucky have with each other," admits Nat when I put Leon in the child seat and she and Wanda stow the stroller in the trunk. "Why?" I ask, seriously confused. "You two are just so cute. And with this little darling here" she comes around to me and shakes Leon's little hand "you just have everything you could want." "Everything is damn perfect. At some point you will also find the love of your life" I squeeze her hand and we smile at each other. We get into Tony's big SUV. I sit on the back seat with Leon while Wanda is in the driver's seat and Nat is in the passenger seat. Tony still doesn't let Nat drive his cars. "And when will you both finally get married?" asks Wanda. In fact, we haven't even talked about getting married. I would marry Bucky in a heartbeat, but I am happy with him even without a marriage certificate. "We haven't even talked about it yet. But I'm also happy without being married to him." "But would you say yes if he asked you?" asks Nat. "Absolutely. Bucky is the only one I want to spend the rest of my life with." "Then maybe we have to talk to him about it if you two don't talk about it," jokes Wanda. Or is that maybe not a joke at all? Should I bring this up to him? But maybe that would just break everything in the end? Why should we change anything about how it is now?
We enter arrive at the mall. Nat and Wanda have no exact idea who they are going to give what for Christmas and just look spontaneously. Therefore they have no special wishes. I put Leon back in the stroller and we go inside. First my way leads me to a jewelry store. While the two of them are looking around the jewelry store, I speak to a salesperson named Henry. "Excuse me?" He turns to me and gives me a friendly smile. I find him likeable straight away. He wears glasses and has a charming little tooth gap. He's sloppy and a little taller than me. He looks like the typical nice boy next door. "Hello ma'am. How can I help you?" I take out my cell phone and show him a picture of two bracelets I saw on the internet. One is a small silver arm chain with a plate in the middle that you can have something engraved on. The other is a leather bracelet with a metal plate that is worked into the leather. You can also have something engraved on this plate. "Do you have such bracelets in your range? Or something like that?" Henry takes a closer look at the pictures before leading me to a showcase. "We have a silver chain that looks exactly like the one in the picture. With the leather bracelet it is a little more difficult." He thinks for a moment and then asks me to wait a moment. Shortly afterwards he comes back with a portable display case. "We have leather bracelets, but without the plate. But we could work the plate into an already finished bracelet?" I see a bracelet that I immediately know is what I want. It is made of dark brown, almost black leather. It is about two inches wide and is tied up. Another braided strand runs in the middle of the bracelet. It's perfect. Simple and masculine, like Bucky. "Would it be possible to pull a plate onto the middle strand here?" I ask Henry. "That would be possible. We would have to untie it, pull the plate on and then tie it again." I ask him to put the bracelet aside and then dedicate myself to the silver bracelets. I opt for a simple chain with a shiny, polished plate in the middle. "And what would you like to have engraved?" "Please engrave the name Leon on the silver bracelet. And please also engrave the name Leon on the leather bracelet and also this one" I pull out a picture of Leon's footprint. "That's a cute idea," says Henry when he sees the footprint. "Really? I wasn't sure if it might be too cheesy." "I suppose it's for the little angel's father?" he points to Leon. "Yes, that's little Leon." "Believe me, if the father is only half as cute as the boy, he'll be happy about it." We go through the details again and Henry asks me to come back in two hours to pick up the bracelets. "Did you two find something nice too?" I ask Nat and Wanda as I walk back to them. Nat shows me a new pair of earrings - blue pear-shaped diamonds. And Wanda shows me a necklace with a little angel made of Swarovski stones. We're walking around the mall and I'm sure we buy way too much stuff. Leon and Morgan will be showered with gifts. Around three o'clock in the afternoon we take a short break and eat something. Leon is nibbling on some of my fries. Before we go home we pass the jeweler again to pick up the bracelets. "I'm sorry that I'm only coming now. We completely forgot the time while shopping," I apologize to Henry who just waved his hand with a smile. Probably I'm not the only one who doesn't come back exactly after the agreed time. The bracelets are beautiful and just as I imagined them to be. I'm so happy about it that I even give Henry a quick hug. He seems a little perplexed at first, but then returns the hug. I pay, wish him a Merry Christmas and go back to the car with Leon, Wanda and Nat. I tell them about my plan to celebrate christmas at our home. The two enthusiastically agree and promise to inform the other. Back in the tower, I stow the presents in the trunk of Bucky's car. There is just enough space. Leon fell asleep in the car. I put him in his stroller and luckily he continues to sleep. Upstairs are Bucky, Steve, Tony, Sam and Loki in the living room, empty food boxes in front of them. As if we haven't seen each other in ages, Bucky jumps up and lifts me into his arms. "Hey baby" he kisses me just as playfully as before when we were still at home. "Did you miss me?" I ask although the answer is obvious. "So much" he kisses me again and puts me back on my feet. "And now we should go home. I promised you an unforgettable sleepless night." Bucky grins and I shake my head in amusement. We say goodbye to the others and take the elevator back down. "What did you guys do today?" I ask when we're on our way home. "Nothing special. We went through a few more mission reports and watched ice hockey. And you? Get everything you wanted to buy?" I nod "Yep. Now Christmas can come."