I think I know what's going on

When I wake up the next morning I still feel miserable. I still have a queasy stomach. Since Bucky is still asleep I decide to take a shower hoping I'll feel better afterwards. The warm water actually helps a little, it feels relaxing and comfortable on my skin. After drying myself off, blow-drying my hair and brushing my teeth, I wrap myself in my bathrobe and am almost in the living room when a new wave of nausea overcomes me. I run back to the bathroom and throw up again. This time it's not quite as intense as last night, but it's still draining and gross. So I brush my teeth again and walk out of the room on shaky legs. In the bedroom, Bucky is now sitting awake in bed, looking at me with concern.

Bucky: Are you still not feeling better honey?

Michelle: Not really.

Suddenly I feel totally tearful and just want to be held by him. I crawl onto the bed next to him and snuggle into his arms, which he already has outstretched. After a while, Bucky rolls me onto my back and pushes the fabric of my robe apart.

Michelle: Bucky, I'm really not in the mood.

Bucky: Don't worry baby, I didn't mean to.

And he actually does something completely different, which is so cute that tears well up in my eyes. He spreads sweet kisses all over my stomach and talks to him.

Bucky: Whatever your problem, I'm sure we can find a solution. But can you please stop tormenting my darling like this?

Michelle: That's so cute.

Bucky looks up at me before laying his head on my stomach. But even though the whole thing is so cute, I still feel sick.

Michelle: Baby, can you please check my makeup bag in the bathroom? There should be anti-nausea pills in there.

He gives me a quick kiss and goes to the bathroom. I can hear him rummaging in my pocket.

Bucky: Um baby?

He comes out of the bathroom holding something in his hands.

Bucky: I think I know what could be going on.

He holds out the pack of tampons that were untouched in my pocket. My eyes widen as the realization hits me that I'm overdue.

Michelle: Fuck! I'm overdue

I state the obvious out loud and I'm not quite sure how I feel about it right now. 

Bucky: Does that mean we're having another baby?

He sounds so happy just thinking about a second child. He's beaming all over his face and the doubts I might have just had are blown away. Even though I used to think that our little family was perfect the way it is, it would definitely be even more perfect if Leon had a sibling.

Michelle: Could be. So you wouldn't have a problem with that?

Bucky: I would never have a problem with that. Even though our family is already perfect, Leon would definitely be very happy to have a sibling. He would definitely be a great big brother. Also, I love you and every child we both have is just further proof of that.

I beckon him over and pull him into a kiss as he kneels beside me.

Michelle: Do you actually know how much I love you?

Bucky: I love you more.

He gets up and begins to dress. I look after him in confusion as he walks across the room.

Bucky: You rest while I go back to the mainland and buy a pregnancy test.

Michelle: Ok. But don't stay away too long.

Bucky: Never.

He kisses me and this kiss is so loving and intense that it actually takes my breath away for a moment. Minutes later I hear the jet ski's engine as Bucky pulls away. I happily sink back into the pillows and smile to myself. Maybe we'll actually have another baby. I rub my belly and imagine that I feel it calm down instantly.