Let's get ready

!!Timeskip!!

January - It's just after New Year, I'm now in my seventh month, at the end to be exact, and can't wait for the day of the birth. I can't remember that being pregnant with Leon was so exhausting. And that despite the fact that the hot summer temperatures came along, which represented an additional burden. But even if I'm spared the additional exertion caused by the heat, I'm permanently tired and exhausted. Apart from the fact that it is really annoying to find suitable maternity clothes in winter. In summer I could wear dresses and flip-flops all the time. Now I have to struggle into uncomfortable maternity pants and Bucky has to tie my shoes because I can't see my feet. Today is the day of the gender reveal party. Nat and Wanda have been planning and preparing for weeks since we gave them the gender envelope. I have to admit, I'm really amazed that no one has accidentally slipped out what gender our baby will be. Maybe that's why I haven't seen Scott and Peter in a while? The two have never been good at keeping secrets. There are still a few hours until we have to be in the tower. I made myself as comfortable as possible on the sofa and surf the internet looking for a few things that we still need for the nursery. Leon is playing on the floor with some new toy cars that Thor gave him and Bucky comes back into the living room with a cup of tea. He puts the tea next to me on the coffee table and sits down. He takes the laptop from my hand and puts it next to the cup before pulling me close to him.

Bucky: Have I ever told you how happy our little family makes me?

He strokes my baby bump.

Michelle: Pretty much every day since we got you back from Wakanda. But please never stop saying it.

I turn to Bucky and start kissing him. But before we can go any further, Leon jumps onto the sofa next to me and literally pulls me away from his father. Since the pregnancy has progressed, he doesn't like if Bucky and I kiss. He's not getting angry or anything, but he always interrupts us as soon as he notices. Like his father, he wants my full attention all the time, just for himself. I guess he just wants to take advantage of the time he's still an only child. I tickle him playfully and he wriggles out of my arms only to jump on Bucky seconds later. Actually, he would do that on me too, but since my stomach got in the way, that's no longer possible.

Leon: When is the baby finally coming out mommy?

Still sitting on Bucky's lap, he presses a big kiss on my stomach and puts his hands on it.

Michelle: Just a few more weeks honey.

Leon: How long is a couple of weeks?

Michelle: Well... you can't really say for sure. But about six to eight weeks.

He dramatically falls against Bucky's chest.

Leon: That long?

Bucky: Seems someone can't wait to be a big brother?

Leon: Yes.

My eyes fall on the clock. Where has the time gone? We only have an hour until the party starts.

Michelle: What do you say - should we get ready and then find out if it's going to be a girl or a boy?

Leon excitedly jumps off the sofa and runs out of the living room. Judging by the footsteps on the stairs, he's on his way to his room. Bucky helps me up and we follow him. In our bedroom, I begin to undress as Bucky wraps his arms around me from behind.

Bucky: Do you need help?

He kisses my neck and runs his hands down my body. God, how I would like to give in to the tingling feeling inside me. But first of all we'll definitely be late and secondly our son will definitely be back in here in a few minutes and I wouldn't want to traumatize him. I turn to him and kiss him lightly. 

Michelle: Not at the moment. 

I look at him with a look that makes it absolutely clear that I'm definitely going to need that kind of help tonight. He pouts a little.

Bucky: Just a little? I also do it very quickly.

Michelle: But I like it when you take your time. And you know yourself that we have a maximum of two minutes before Leon shows up here. You're not that fast.

Bucky: Are you sure?

In response, Leon storms into the room and squeezes between us. Luckily I'm still almost fully dressed.

Michelle: Told you.

I kiss him briefly.

Bucky: Alright. Then I'll make sure our little troublemaker here is dressed. Call me if you need me.

He lifts Leon over his shoulder and marches him out of our bedroom. In the bathroom, I quickly freshen up at the sink. In fact, showering isn't that easy anymore when you can't see the lower half of your body. In line with the occasion, I put something out for myself to wear today that doesn't look as if I finally didn't care. Most of the time I just wear sweatpants and some kind of oversized sweater. It's actually a miracle Bucky still finds me attractive. Today I chose warm leggings and a simple but beautiful burgundy dress. I put on some makeup and tied my hair in a loose bun. Now only the shoes are missing. With the help of a shoehorn I manage to get into my flat black boots, but I can't get to the zipper to close them. With open shoes I waddle into Leon's nursery. Bucky just finished dressing him up and he looks so cute in his black jeans and blue sweater that says Proud Big Brother.

Michelle: Who is this handsome little guy?

I kiss his forehead and he turns away in embarrassment. Sometimes he just can't be cuddled and kissed enough and then there are moments where he's damn embarrassed. It doesn't matter if anyone is watching or not. He whizzes past Bucky and I and runs downstairs, probably back into the living room to his cars. Bucky looks me up and down and whistles suggestively.

Bucky: You look beautiful darling.

Michelle: Thank you.

I look down at my shoes.

Michelle: Could you help me with the zipper?

Bucky: Sure.

He kneels in front of me and pulls up the zipper on both shoes. As he straightens up again, he runs his hands down my thighs and under my dress. When he stands in front of me again, he kisses me and just holds me in his arms for a moment.

Bucky: You know I love you whether you're in sweatpants and a sweater or you're in fancy clothes like you are now. But I'm already looking forward to seeing you in clothes like that again more often.

Michelle: Believe me, me too. I miss all my dresses and other clothes for non-pregnant women.

Speaking of clothes. Bucky is still wearing his clothes he wore all day.

Michelle: I'm going to check on Leon, while you can get ready, ok?

Bucky nods and patts my butt lightly as I turn to leave. Leon doesn't even notice that I've come into the living room. So I decide to sit down at the computer again and continue surfing. When Bucky comes to us, he too is wearing simple jeans and a burgundy sweater. I look at him with a raised eyebrow. He just shrugs.

Bucky: I thought I would color match today.

I turn off the computer and hold out my hands, a sign for Bucky to help me up. He helps me and I kiss him.

Michelle: Ok guys - shall we go? I finally want to know if I'll be even more outnumbered soon or if I'll get some female support.

I really can't wait.