Where's bucky?

A few days later I'm standing in Leon's nursery and bringing some order to the chaos of furniture, clothes and cuddly toys. I smile when I see Mr. Peanut Butter and Wolfie who are now sitting in Leon's bed and will keep him company in the future. Tony, Bucky and Steve are on their way and are investigating new leads that may finally lead them to Rumlow in order to bring him to justice. It took a lot of persuasion until Bucky was convinced to go. There are only a few weeks left until the expected due date and Bucky hardly leaves my side. He pays more attention to me than he already does, I hardly thought it possible. Still, even though I persuaded him to go, I'm kind of nervous. So I decided to distract myself with preparing the nursery. To be honest, I've only put a few rompers in the closet so far. The pregnancy is now just exhausting and I can hardly wait for my baby to finally be born. I can hardly remember what it is like when you don't have swollen ankles. I don't think I even know what ankles look like anymore. I haven't seen mine in months. I am closing the closet doors when I hear heavy footsteps behind me. Full of anticipation, I turn around and pause briefly when I see Tony standing in front of me, not Bucky. "Oh hey! You're back. How did it go?" I get restless when Tony can barely look at me. "Michelle, could you sit down for a moment?" Sit down? Why? "Tony, what's wrong? Where's Bucky?" I ask, still standing. I've never seen Tony not know what to say or how to say something. "Tony tell me what's going on right now!" Panic seizes me and I hardly realize that I am screaming. Tony is now the one who sits in the rocking chair that I placed by the window. He runs his hand through his hair uncomfortably and only now do I see that he has scratches and small cuts on his face. "Tony what happened?" I now ask more quietly and look him in the eye. "The lead we followed ... it was a trap. Rumlow got Bucky." I can hear the words but cannot process them. It can't possibly be true. We haven't heard from Rumlow in months, all traces so far had turned out to be a waste of time. "How do you mean Rumlow has Bucky?" I ask, still trying to convince myself that Tony is just kidding. Even if the joke was anything but funny. I instinctively put my hands on my baby bump. Tony tells me everything. That they were in an old warehouse and were separated by a falling gate. Tony and Steve on one side of the gate, Bucky on the other. When the two finally found a way to get on Bucky's side, Bucky had disappeared without a trace. In one of the rooms the two saw a monitor in front of them. A video was then played showing Bucky and Michelle together in the months since they had met. When the video was finished, a live recording was played showing Bucky being drugged and then taken away by a group of men. One of these men was unmistakably Rumlow. The men were clearly recognizable as Hydra agents, they all had the Hydra mark on their uniforms. "Hydra?" my panic is only getting bigger now. I remember the things Bucky told me about his nightmares and his past. "Tony what if ... what if they manipulate him again? What if they erase his memories again?" What if he doesn't remember me and our baby anymore? Tony is still looking down, broken. "Unfortunately we cannot rule that out at the moment." "Tony we have to get him out of there!" Tony gets up and comes to me. He puts his hands on my shoulders and tries to calm me down. "We immediately called Thor and the others when we knew what was going on. Steve and the others are already looking for him. I just wanted to make sure you were okay." Desperate, I hug him and start crying. None of that should be. Fate cannot take all my happiness away from me again! For the first time since my parents died, since I was a little girl, I'm really happy. At least that's what I was until now. Suddenly my whole body is filled with pain. A pain that radiates from my stomach and brings me to my knees. I slump in Tony's arms with a pained cry. "Michelle ?! What's wrong?" Tony kneels down next to me and looks scared at me. When I look down at myself I see that my gray sweatpants are darkly discolored. As if it had come into contact with liquid. Oh my God! "My ... my water just burst Tony! The... the baby is coming" I try to straighten up, but I'm still in extreme pain. "Now?" you can clearly hear and see that Tony is just as overwhelmed with the situation as I am. "Yes now, Tony!" I grumble between clenched teeth. "What .. what should I do?" I tell Tony to go to my room and get the emergency bag that is already packed there. He helps me up before he runs into my room. While he's gone, I slowly start walking towards the elevator. At some point along the way, Tony appears next to me and hooks his arm on me. In the garage he helps me into his car before he stows the bag and takes a seat in the driver's seat. "Please Michelle, don't get that kid here in my car" Tony looks at me skeptically as he revs the engine and drives off. I don't mean to, I can't have this baby without Bucky being there.