It is getting serious

The next three months pass without any incident regarding Thanos. In all the happy time we spend together as a family, I almost forgot about it. Which is strange, after all we still live in the tower and the others, including Bucky, are constantly working to find a solution. One night Bucky and I are woken up by Friday - Tony's weird, one-voice robotic assistant - speaking to us.

Friday: Mrs and Mr Barnes? Mr. Stark wishes to see you both in the main conference room.

Bucky: Now? Does he have any idea what time it is?

Friday: He's well aware of that. This is an urgent event that unfortunately cannot be postponed.

These words make me sick instantly. What can be so important that he wakes us up in the middle of the night? Thanos! I'm suddenly paralyzed and can't move an inch. Please don't let this happen. Only marginally do I get that Bucky got up and put on his sweatpants and a t-shirt. I'm still sitting in bed, clutching the covers. 

Bucky: Baby?

I can hear him, but I can't react. He sits on the bed next to me and puts his hands on mine.

Bucky: Baby... hey... look at me.

I hesitantly look up.

Bucky: We still don't know what Tony wants from us.

Michelle: Of course we know that.

I see from Bucky's eyes that I'm right. But he had to at least try to give me some hope. Usually that's my job. 

Bucky: Come on, we'll get through this together.

I let him pull me out of bed. Standing, I put on my pajama bottoms before Bucky puts one of his t-shirts on me. He kisses my nose and pulls me into his arms. Alright, let's get this over with. I follow him out of the room towards the conference room. We are the last to enter.

Nat: I hope you have a damn good reason to get me out of bed in the middle of the night.

Tony: I'm afraid we have.

My panic grows with every word. Tony and Bruce inform us that they found out where all the other Infinity Stones are at the moment, but that Thanos already has two of them.

Sam: Then we must take possession of the others and destroy them.

Wanda: We can't! Already forgotten? One of the stones is in Vision's head. We would have to kill him to destroy the stone.

Vision: And if that's the only way to save everyone else, I'll make that sacrifice.

Wanda: I can't lose you Vis.

I see the fear and anger in Wanda's eyes. She knows Vision would do it without hesitation, but also knows she can't live without him. And I understand her all too well. If I had to choose between Bucky and the rest of the world, I would choose Bucky over and over again.

Michelle: Then we need to find a way to destroy the stone without hurting Vision.

Bucky: How?

Michelle: I have no idea. But what if we could find a way to get the stone out of Vision's head? Then we could destroy the stone without Vision having to die because of it.

Everyone thinks about it quietly for a moment.

Steve: Would that be possible Bruce?

Bruce: In theory yes. But not with the technology I have here.

Tony: And where should we find better technology than here?

Bucky: In Wakanda!

Of course! Wakanda! They managed to help Bucky, they can definitely help with that too.