Epilogue

Two years after everyone is back, something like normality has actually returned. Leon will start school in a few weeks and Amilia has been going to kindergarten for a few months. Bucky and I are happier and more in love than we ever were and luckily it's the case that Leon and Amilia seem to remember absolutely nothing from the time they were blipped.

It's Saturday and Loki, Scott and Thor are visiting. Since he got back Loki has really almost moved in here, which Bucky and I have no problem with. None of them - not Loki, not Wanda, Peter or Sam - none of them talk much about not having existed for five years, but we're sure they all knew all along that there was a life going on without them. And that's exactly why we want to give Loki all the time he wants to spend with us and our children. He is also the perfect babysitter. While Loki, Thor and Scott are making a plan to finish off some guy Thor is playing some online game against - who doesn't always seem to play fair - I have put Amilia to her nap and am looking for my two favorite men. I can hear the two of them laughing in Leon's room. Standing in the doorway, I watch the two of them frolic around with each other. How much I love my current life and my family. Unnoticed by them, I scurry into our bedroom and get a surprise that I have for Bucky. I've been waiting for the perfect opportunity to give it to him for days. And somehow the moment feels perfect right now. I put it in my pocket and I'm just turning back into Leon's room when he runs past me very excitedly. He's holding some new toy in his arms, I can't make out what exactly. Probably something that he really wants to show Loki. To be honest, that fits perfectly. For the surprise, I want Bucky to myself, at least for a little while. Bucky is still lying on the floor with a pile of toys around him. He tilts his head and looks up at me.

Bucky: Helping an old man up?

He stretches out his arms to me. I reach for it, but instead of pulling himself up, he pulls me down until I'm lying on the floor with him.

Michelle: I thought I should help you up?

I giggle and lie on his chest.

Bucky: I changed my mind.

He kisses my head gently and wraps his arms around me. We lie there for a moment until I remember my surprise. I sit up, get it out of my pocket and hand it to him.

Michelle: I have something for you.

Bucky: For me? What's in there?

Michelle: Take a look and find out for yourself.

I look at him excitedly and wait for him to open the box. Excited, he opens the present. Tears well up in his eyes and a big smile spreads across his face. That's how I reacted when I took a pregnancy test a few days ago, which was positive. In contrast to the pregnancies with Amilia and Leon, I haven't had any morning sickness yet, but somehow I felt different than usual. Apart from the fact that I didn't get my period. We didn't plan on becoming parents again. But after everything that happened I can't imagine anything better. In the box that Bucky now holds in his hands is a white baby romper. "I'm with you til the end of the line" is written on it.

Bucky: Really? Are you.....

Michelle: Pregnant? Yes. There will be a third Barnes baby soon.

Still holding the onesie, he pulls me into his arms and gets up with me, spinning us around. As we turn, he kisses me fiercely before setting me back on the floor. 

Bucky: I love you so much Michelle Barnes. You, Leon, Amilia and the little bean growing inside you.

He puts his hand on my stomach and looks down at it in fascination.

Bucky: You are the love of my life Michelle.

I don't know if that's a sign of pregnancy hormones or not, but hearing his words warms my heart and I have to blink hard not to burst into tears.

Michelle: I love you too James Buchanan Barnes. You and our children are more than I ever dreamed of. 

And now this dream becomes even more beautiful.I put my hand over his.

Michelle: You and the kids are my life.

Bucky: Can we tell the others yet?

I nod. Although I haven't been to the doctor yet to have everything checked, I feel it and the test was positive. And Bucky is so happy - which is so damn sexy and cute - that I won't say no to him. Euphorically he lifts me in his arms and literally runs down the stairs to our son and our friends. I can't wait to see the smiles on all their faces as we bring them the good news.

 I can't wait to see the smiles on all their faces as we bring them the good news

I hope you all enjoyed Saved.
For all those who would like to read more stories - my new story starts next week - Spidermans Sister. This story will also be a Bucky love story again. Leave a comment if you want to know when it starts. ❤️