I'll see you in five minutes

After Tony has once again explained to me in detail which button has to be pressed when, he and the others gather on a platform that will soon act as a portal.

Nat: Then let's get started.

Out of the corner of my eye I notice that the raccoon is eyeing me suspiciously.

Rocket: And we can really trust that she will bring us back?

Steve: Of course. Michelle would never leave her family behind.

Steve gives me an encouraging wink. He's right. I'd rather chop off my own arm than leave the people I love in the past.

Clint: Can we finally get started then?

Everyone looks at me.

Michelle: We can, but first i have to do one more thing.

I hug each and every one of them before pulling Bucky into a kiss. After that, I take my place at the machine and look at everyone again. The emotions on their faces are so different. Partly hopeful, partly desperate and nervous. And I can understand that. I combine all three feelings in me right now.

Michelle: Ok....let's get started. Take care of yourselves. I'll see you all in five minutes then.

Tony: Exactly. See you in five minutes dear.

Before I hit the button that will instantly send them all back to the day of the Wakanda battle, I look back at Bucky. His gaze is full of hope and confidence. He silently forms the words "I love you" and I answer him just as silently. I hit the button and with a whirr the others disappear so fast it's hard to believe they were ever here. Five minutes. I start the timer on the machine to hit the button in five minutes that will bring the others back. Five minutes has never felt so damn long in my life.