I remember

I wake up frightened. I gasp when I realize the shield is gone. I remember everything. I remember my violent relationship with Rumlow and how Bucky got me out of it. I remember falling in love with him and the birth of our son that he unfortunately missed. I remember that Bucky was kidnapped, that I was kidnapped when we finally had a date again just as a couple. Simply everything. "Thank god" Tony pulls me out of my thoughts. He looks pretty drained. Bruises on the face and a few scratches that have mostly healed. I remember the mission and how, before I passed out, I threw myself protectively over Bucky, who was just being attacked by a flamethrower. I sit up and smile at Tony, "it takes a little more than a flamethrower to get rid of me." Tony laughs in relief and blinks hard to hold back tears of relief. "Tony, where is Bucky?" I want to know. I'm clearly in the hospital wing, even though I am fine. Even the headache that I feel almost permanently seems to be gone. "He's in his room. We really have to expand the hospital wing. There just wasn't enough room for the two of you and at first glance you had the more serious injuries. He's still unconscious." "I want to see him" I begin to unplug myself from all monitoring devices and jump out of bed. "Woah, stop. You will see him soon enough. Now you have to rest and regain your strength" Tony stops me before I get to the door. "I'm fine Tony. I need to see him now." Tony looks at me questioningly. "I remember." "What are you saying?" Tony looks visibly shocked. "I don't quite understand it myself. In the last few days I could feel my heart seemingly remembering my time with him, only my head got in the way. And then during the mission when he was already passed out on the floor and this flamethrower robot came up to him, I threw myself over him on purpose. I don't know what I was thinking, but suddenly it was as if we were both surrounded by a force field that protected us both. While I was unconscious everything came back. Every single memory flooded me and suddenly everything is clear again." "That's great!" Tony exclaims and hugs me. "Even though I wish it had worked without all of these injuries." "The most important thing is that I'm me again. And now I just want to see Bucky and our son." Tony opens the door and we both go out. "You go to Bucky. I'll get Leon and bring him to you." In Bucky's room, or more precisely in our room, I freeze at the sight of him. Various machines have been set up in here that monitor his values ​​and provide him with infusions and blood transufsions. He lies pale and weak in bed and has closed his eyes. I go to him, pull a desk chair up to the bed, and grab his human hand. It's colder than I remember. After a few minutes, Tony comes into the room with Leon. He gives him to me and I hold him tight. "Hello my little one. Mummy is back." He seems to understand what I'm saying because he cuddles his face in the crook between my neck and my shoulder and hugs me. "Thanks Tony" I say quietly as he leaves the room again. "Please wake up baby. Please ... I remember us again." I start to cry when the fear that he won't come back to us overwhelms me. At some point Leon fell asleep on my lap and I only notice what time it is when the door opens and Wanda comes in. "Hey ... how are you? I thought you might want to lie down? I could stay here with him and let you know if something changes? Or at least I could put Leon to bed?" I smile gratefully at her. "I'm fine so far, thank you. If you could put Leon to bed, that would be great. I want to stay here with Bucky." I kiss Leon on the forehead before I give him to Wanda and she walks out of the room with him. Without making the slightest sound, I just sit in my chair, hold his hand and ask him to wake up. Fate can't hate us both so much that it's tearing us apart again, right?