Chapter 1

Something was off. I just knew it.

For 20 minutes now, I had been nervously pacing back and forth in my bedroom.

Mikey hadn't answered my last texts and normally, I wouldn't have cared that much. But like I said, I had a really, really bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. It was simply impossible to ignore.

"Fuck it." I mumbled.

I grabbed a sweater and put on my shoes before leaving my house. I walked about 15 minutes to get to Mikey's apartment and I used the spare set of keys he had given me to unlock the door.

"Mikey?" I called out my boyfriend's name in the silent apartment but didn't get an answer. 

Heading for his bedroom, I cursed under my breath as I tripped over something.

What the f-

I looked down, narrowing my eyes at the object responsible for my fall.

Those are definitely high heels.

I ran to Mikey's bedroom and flung the door open. Sure enough, my boyfriend was in bed with another girl. No matter how many times I blinked, the scene in front of me stayed the same.

They were having sex. She was on top of him and Mikey was gripping her thighs.

When Mikey's half-lidded eyes slid to me, they widened as he froze.

"Y/N!"

He tried to push the girl off of him so he could stand up but I was already walking out of his apartment.

As I ran home, my face wet with tears, I cursed myself for trusting him so blindly.

For a year now, I had let him control my life. I was his good little girl, following his every order.

No more.

I would become the version of myself my boyfriend didn't let me be.

You'll live to regret what you just did, Mikey.

That's a fucking promise.