Part 2 - Chapter 3

That Friday was a particularly hot summer day and there was no breeze. The warmth inside the mechanics workshop would have felt suffocating if it wasn't for the fan Draken had turned on for me. I was sitting next to it, enjoying the cooled air sent against my skin while I watched Draken repair a motorbike. He had taken his white T-shirt off, keeping only his pair of jeans and sneakers on. A silver chain was dangling around his neck. Drops of sweat were running down his pecs and abs. It was really a sight to behold, but I couldn't let myself get distracted. I had a mission. An important mission Hina had given me herself : find out who Takemichi had cheated on her with.

"Who was it ?"

"I don't know."

"Does she go to our school?"

"Don't know."

"I'm sure you know her first name at least."

"No."

"Come on, Draken. Hina doesn't want to beat her up or anything, okay? She just wants to talk to her."

It was true. Hina was smart enough to understand that the person at fault here was her boyfriend and not the girl he cheated on her with. For all we knew, that girl might not even have known that Takemichi was in a relationship.

"Just give me her name."

Draken heaved a sigh as his gaze bounced from his motorbike to me. "I already told you: I don't. Know. Her. Name."

"Yeah, right." I rolled my eyes at him. "Just like you didn't know Takemichi was cheating on Hina."

His lips thinned as he cocked his head to the side. "We were all in a tough position."

"Tough, my ass." I scoffed, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Try to put yourself in my shoes for a second." He started, grabbing a cloth to wipe the sooth off his hands. "Would you have told Takemichi if Hina was cheating on him?"

I opened my mouth, then closed it again. Would I have?

"I would never have that problem in the first place because Hina would never cheated on Takemichi." Good job evading his question.  "I seriously want to kill Takemichi right now." My gaze dropped to the floor, narrowing at the edges as I thought of Hina who was probably busy crying in her bed because of Takemichi. The worst part was that I actually liked Takemichi. I'd always thought him and Hina were perfect for each other.

A soft chuckle slipped past Draken's lips, pulling me from my murderous thoughts. I looked up at him as he walked the short steps to me. My breathing shallowed when he leaned against the work table I was sitting on, placing his hands on either side of me.

I tried to avoid his gaze for a second because of how his proximity was making my cheeks burn, but his eyes searched mine until they had found them, holding them captive. The corner of his lips tipped up. "You look so fucking cute when you're mad."

My eyes fell to his lips, his silver chain, his abs, and I swallowed hard.

"Are you going to Hiroto's party tonight?" He asked.

I looked back up at him, finding a smirk on his lips.

Yep, he definitely caught me staring.

"I don't know yet." I replied.

"You should really come." My breath caught in my throat as he cupped my cheek and skimmed the edge of my bottom lip with his thumb. " I hear a lot of  very interesting things always happen at the last party of the summer."

Shit.

I had promised myself that I wouldn't sleep with Draken ever again, or any of Mikey's friends for that matter, but that didn't mean they were going to make it easy for me.