Chapter 15

I had made a habit of going to the restaurant to eat some Dorayaki with Mikey and his friends after every Toman gathering.

My ex was walking ahead of the group next to Yua, Draken, Baji and Chifuyu while Mitsuya stayed by my side.

-You okay?

He asked me.

-Yeah.

In reality, I was still shaken by what Yua had told me.

-I can drive you home if you want.

Mitsuya offered and I shook my head no before linking my arm with his.

-Nah. You were right. We haven't spent that much time together lately and I've missed you too.

My gave me a smile and placed his hand over mine on his arm to give it a squeeze.

A few minutes later, we all walked into the restaurant and chose a booth. Mikey sat down between Yua and Draken while Baji sat down between Chifuyu and Mistuya.

Because there was no space left for me, I looked around to find a chair.

-You can sit on my lap if you want.

Mitsuya offered.

I hesitated, painfully aware of Mikey's stare on me. Actually not just his, but Baji's and Draken's as well.

-Okay.

I sat down on the boy's lap. But as I got comfortable, I felt the his body stiffen under me.

-Am I too heavy?

I asked him, shooting a look at the boy over my shoulder.

-N-no you're good.

My brows furrowed as I noticed his cheeks getting slightly red but a waitress came to take our orders at that moment and I averted my gaze to look at her.

Surprisingly, things didn't get too uncomfortable. We all chatted together like we used to. The only difference was that I wasn't sitting next to Mikey anymore and instead, I was actively avoiding to make eye contact with him.

It actually wasn't too hard to do because another person was trying to grab my attention. Draken, who sat across from me at the table regularly sneaked glances at my face as the others around us kept talking together.

I caught the blonde boy staring and kept my eyes on his as my lips slowly curved into a smile. Draken's eyes dropped to my mouth, a smile tugging at the corner of his own lips to mirror mine.

I'm not sure how long we silently stared at each other before Mikey fake coughed, making the both of us look at him. His eyes repeatedly switched between Draken and me, a glint in them. Before he could say anything, the waitress walked up to our table with our food.

After an hour, I was getting tired so I told Mitsuya I would go home. But as I tried to get up, he urgently grabbed my waist with his two hands to pull me back down against his lap.

-What is it?

I asked him and he lowered his head to whisper so that the others wouldn't hear him.

-Just give me a few minutes, please.

I stared at him in confusion before feeling something hard under me. When I realized what it was, I turned away from Mitsuya, my face quickly getting red.