Chapter 22

I mentally encouraged myself to knock at my ex-boyfriend's apartment door. When I finally did, Mikey opened a few seconds later and gave me a small smile.

-Hey.

Really? That's all he needs to do and say for me to get butterflies? Stupid heart.

-Hi.

He pushed himself to the side to let me in. I hesitated before walking in, the memory of the night I had caught him cheating on me in that same apartment assaulting my mind.

When Mikey closed the door behind us, he invited me to sit on his couch.

-Do you want anything? A glass of water?

I shook my head no in response and he sat down next to me.

-Here.

I handed him a bag with all of his clothes I had found in my bedroom. Mikey took it from my hands and looked inside. His eyes shot back at my face. 

He looked... hurt.

-You don't want to keep them?

-It would be weird to keep your clothes when we're not together anymore.

-I want you to keep them, Y/N.

He handed me back the bag but I didn't take it.

-Mikey-

-I can't forget about you.

He cut me off and let go of the bag of clothes to grab my hand in his.

-Every day, you're the first person I think of when I wake up and the last before I go to bed. 

Same for me, Mikey. I can't stop thinking about you.

-I'm sorry for cheating on you, Y/N. I really am. I stopped talking to every other girl I was seeing.

Looking into his beautiful dark eyes, I was tempted to believe him.

So I did.

-Just give me a second chance. That's all I'm asking for. I want us to be together again.

Me too, Mikey. I'll give you another chance-

I opened my mouth to answer when my attention was caught by his phone on the table next to us. The screen had lit up because of a new text. Mikey was so busy staring into my eyes that he didn't notice it, but I did.

From Ichika - See you tonight

My eyes slid back to Mikey who was still waiting for my answer.

You're good Mikey, you almost got me.

Without a word, I stood up from the couch and walked towards his bedroom.

-Y/N?

When I turned back around, a convincing smile was plastered across my face.

-Aren't you coming?

Mikey's eyes widened before he eagerly got up from the couch to follow me into his bedroom.