Part 2 - Chapter 36

Takemichi's pov, 12 years later

My eyes snapped open and immediately met their reflection in the mirror in front of me. I was standing in front of a sink in what looked like the restroom of a hotel.

I nearly choked on air the second I realized I was wearing a tuxedo.

No, don't tell me... I'm at my wedding with Hina? !

I opened the faucet and splashed some cold water on my face before walking to the door. The second I walked out, someone grabbed my arm, dragging me down the hallway.

"Hurry up, Takemichi! The ceremony has already started!"

My head snapped to the person to my right.

Hina.

She looked older – well yeah, 12 years older. Her brown hair was way longer now. She wore it in a dutch braid. She was wearing a long satin dress.

Fuck, she was so beautiful.

And alive. Thank god.

Tears of joy formed in my eyes which Hina noticed when she flicked a quick look at my face.

"Oh..." She slowed down her pace, her lips spreading. "You just came back from the past?"

I nodded, more tears spilling from my eyes.

She paused at the end of the hallway where double doors were open on a big ballroom where a wedding ceremony was taking place, but it wasn't mine and Hina's like I had assumed for a second. Pah was the groom. As for the bride, I didn't recognize her.

A lot of small round tables were scattered throughout the room. Mitsuya, Draken, Chifuyu, Kazutora, Angry, Smiley, Hakkai and Naoto were sitting at one of the small round tables scattered throughout the room. They were chatting with each other, all of them smiling. Well, all of them except Angry. That hadn't changed.

My heart swelled at the scene, and Hina gently cupped my cheek to wipe my tears with her thumb.

Her soft brown eyes searched mine. "You did it, Takemichi. You saved us."

Then she gently led me to their table where we both took our seats. The other people at our table turned to look at us, immediately noticing I was weeping.

Chifuyu snorted. "What the fuck are you crying about, Takemitchy? It's not even your wedding yet."

His hair was dyed black now, so was Draken's and Mitsuya's.

When he realized I had just traveled back to the future, his green eyes widened. The others came to the same conclusion as Chifuyu pretty quickly.

Draken grinned next to me. He draped his arm around my shoulders. "Welcome back."

They all spent the next minutes catching me up on what was going on in their lives. Draken was running a bike shop with Inupi. Angry and Smiley owned a Ramen shop together. Chifuyu and Kazutora owned a pet shop. Naoto still worked as a detective, and Hakkai now worked as a model. Mitsuya was an upcoming fashion designer.

"What about Mikey?" I asked them.

A few of them exchanged glances before Draken answered me. "He couldn't be here today because he runs a restaurant overseas."

I heaved a sigh of relief, but then another person came to mind.

"What about Y/N?" I asked.

Once again, instead of answering right away, the people at the table exchanged a few looks. I was struggling to read the looks on their faces when Mitsuya suddenly rose to his feet. He ran his hand through his hair as he strode out of the ballroom. 

"We don't talk about Y/N," Hina whispered to me. "Not in front of Mitsuya."

"Why?"

Hina dropped her gaze to the table. "It's... complicated."

"But is she okay? Why isn't she here?" I asked.

"Like I said. It's complicated."

I chose not to prod. Partly because I was scared of what I would find out, and partly because it wasn't the place nor the time. At the end of the wedding, when everyone was walking back to their cars and motorbikes, I talked to Hina out of the others' earshot.

"Is Y/N okay? Why wasn't she here today?"

Hina sighed. She looked around to make sure the others weren't listening before answering me. "She's fine, but I'm the only one of our friend group she still talks to."

My brows furrowed. "Why?"

"It's a long story." She sighed again, scratching the back of her neck. "Plus, I'm not sure it's my place to tell you."

Fine. Then I'd find out myself.