Chapter 3

"I feel... exposed."

I tugged my skirt down to cover my thighs a little more but Hina slapped my hand away.

"Stop it! You look hot."

Her and I were standing right outside of the school gates. I couldn't stop nervously shifting my weight from one foot to the other.

"Let's go." Hina linked her arm through mine and dragged me toward the school entrance.

When a few students started scanning me from head to toe, I instantly regretted accepting to wear the outfit my friend had picked for me. The short tennis skirt and skintight V-neck top left little to the imagination.

I gulped hard when I caught sight of Mikey and his friends. Draken, Mitsuya, Chifuyu and Baji were all standing next to him, watching the students walk past and I had to resist the urge to run away.

"Relax." Hina whispered to me and held my arm tighter.

I knew Mikey would be pissed. He used to never let me wear any type of revealing clothes when we were dating. He said that knowing other guys could admire what belonged to him drove him crazy.

"Looking good, Y/N." Shuji Hanma, a Valhalla member, complimented as I walked past him and his group of friends.

Even though there was a raging war going on between Toman and Valhalla in the city, the students who were affiliated members of the two gangs had no choice but to cohabit when they went to school.

The air was often electric in class, as you could have imagined.

Feeling Mikey's eyes burn holes in the back of my head, I took a malevolent delight in returning Hanma's smile and answering, "Thanks, Shuji."

The boy's golden eyes ever so slightly widened and a small blush bloomed across his face.

Once we were inside the building, Hina let go of my arm and turned to me.

"I get that you want to piss Mikey off but Valhalla members are out of the question."

"Are you saying I should try to get with another Toman member then?"

Her lips curved into a cheeky smile. "I mean... I'm not saying you shouldn't."