Part 3 - Chapter 18

The next morning, Kokonoi and Kakucho were sitting at the kitchen island when I walked into the kitchen. They were eating breakfast while reading today's newspaper.

"Good morning." I greeted them as I entered the room.

"Good morning." They both replied.

I got around the kitchen island and grabbed a cup of coffee.  I definitely needed the caffeine after last night. 

'I'll kill Rindou. Rindou and any man who'll try to get with Y/N.'

Mikey's words had rung through my head all night long.

It looked like I wasn't only going to have to protect Mikey from himself, but Rindou from Mikey too...

I also felt bad for Sanzu. I didn't particularly like him, but that didn't mean I had appreciated the way Mikey had shoved him against the wall and threatened to kill him.

"Rindou asked me to tell you that him, his brother an Sanzu had to leave to take care of something today." Kokonoi informed me as I grabbed a plate.

"Oh, okay."

I set my plate down on the kitchen island and started peeling an apple, but when I sensed two pairs of eyes on me, I paused. My gaze flicked to Kokonoi and Kakucho's. They were both watching me.

"What?" I asked.

They exchanged a quick look. Then Kokonoi looked back at me and asked, "Are you and Rindou dating?"

My eyes widened. 

"What? No." I denied.  "We're just friends."

Okay, that was kind of a lie, I guess. Although, it was true that we weren't dating. But if rumors started to spread here about the nature of Rindou and I's relationship, they'd eventually reach Mikey's ears, which might get Rindou in danger. Denying was my best option here.

Kokonoi and Kakucho exchanged another look, unconvinced. 

"Where's Mikey?" I asked them, changing the subject.

"Still sleeping in his room, I think." Kokonoi answered.

"Isn't he going to come eat breakfast?" I asked.

"He never eats breakfast." Kakucho said.

My brows furrowed.

Mikey loved eating breakfast.

Correction – Mikey loved eating. Period.

That had always been one of his favorite things to do, along with sleeping and driving his motorbike.

"What does he usually eat for lunch then?" I asked Kokonoi and Kakucho.

The fridge and the shelves were almost empty so I had decided I would go grocery shopping in the afternoon.

Kokonoi looked up at the ceiling as he thought. "Actually, now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever seen Mikey eat."

A pang of worry hit my stomach. 

That's probably why he's so thin now...

I folded my bottom lip between my teeth while I thought.

There was one thing Mikey had never been able to resist : Dorayaki. I turned around and rummaged through the shelves to find what I needed to make the red beans pancakes. I eventually found all the ingredients and put them all on the kitchen counter.

"Hey" Kokonoi tried to catch my attention while I was googling a recipe to follow.

"Yeah?" I replied absentmindedly.