Part 2 - Chapter 23

When Izana told me he had a surprise for me today, this was not what I expected.

"Rindou?!"

"YN?!"

Rindou and I stared at each other with wide eyes, both surprised to meet in this boxing gym.

"What are you doing here?" We both asked at the same time.

Izana watched us, his arms folded over his chest. "You two know each other?" He asked.

I tore my eyes away from Rindou to glance Izana's way. "Yeah, we go to school together."

Izana's gaze narrowed at the edges as he looked between Rindou and I, back and forth, and my face grew hot under his scrutiny. I was scared that he might somehow be able to tell my relationship with Rindou wasn't completely platonic.

"Well," Izana finally spoke. "Rindou is one of the best fighters in Tenjiku so I want you to fight him today to see how much progress you've made."

Rindou raised his eyebrows in surprise but didn't object. He made his way to the boxing ring while I stayed there, frozen in fear. I watched him from a distance as he pulled his black T-shirt over his head, exposing his abs and the big tattoo on the right side of his chest. I had seen it all before obviously, but there, in broad daylight, he looked even better, if that was even possible. He ran his fingers through his tousled hair before sliding under the ropes that enclosed the boxing ring, now only dressed in a pair of gray sweatpants. 

Izana laid his hands on my shoulders as he stopped behind my back, and I immediately averted my eyes away from Rindou, afraid Izana might have noticed me staring.

"There's one last lesson I need to teach you." He started while kneading and massaging my shoulders. "When you fight someone who's physically stronger than you, you might have to resort to other types of techniques."

"Like what?" I asked.

"You know," He leaned closer, his lips brushing the top of my ear. "Distract him by using your..." His hands slowly slid from my shoulders and down my body, stopping at my waist. "Assets." He pressed himself a little harder against me. "Don't disappoint me, Y/N."

And with that, he finally let go of my waist. My gaze followed him as he made his way to the boxing ring where he leaned his forearms against the ropes, taking the best spot to watch the match about to take place. I felt the weirdly overwhelming need to impress Izana, or at the very least, the need to hear him tell me I was meeting his expectations.

While my past with Rindou might have been a handicap in another situation, I could actually use it to my advantage here. I turned away from them, pulled my oversized T-shirt over my head, and adjusted my sports bra, mentally congratulating myself for having chosen to wear one of my most flattering ones this morning. I pulled my hair up into a ponytail, leaving only two strands to frame my face. Then I turned around and walked up to the boxing ring. I slid under the ropes and took up a fighting stance to the left side of the ring, facing Rindou.

"You're not gonna go easy on me, are you?" I asked him, my lips curling up into a smirk.

His lips mirrored mine, the corner of his lips slowly tipping up. "Do you want me to?"

"No."

"Then I won't."

I took a step to the left, he took one to the right, and slowly, we started walking in a circle, not once breaking eye contact. I caught his gaze falling down to my cleavage several times, and after a minute, I taunted:  "Are you just gonna stare at me or are you going to throw a punch?"

"Ladies first." He mused.

"How nice of you." I mocked.

In a split second, I had lunged at him. I pretended to ready myself to punch him in his left ribs that he immediately protected, but in reality, I was aiming for his right ribs which I successfully punched, making him groan in pain. He immediately tried to punch me back but I dodged at the last second, promptly stepping to the side. Out of his reach, I took up a fighting stance again, my eyes meeting his amused ones.

"Fuck." Smirking, he cursed under his breath as he ran a hand across his mouth. "I might have underestimated you."

I had a retort at the tip of my tongue, but I got distracted as my gaze travelled down, settling on a bulge in Rindou's gray sweatpants. I cocked one eyebrow as my gaze travelled back up until my eyes met his again. "Does getting your ass kicked by me turn you on, Rindou?" I teased.

"I think everything you do turns me on." He replied.

This time, he was the one who lunged at me. He cocked his elbow and tried to punch me in the face but I dodged, taking the opportunity that his left side was left open to push him as hard as I could. He fell to the floor mat, landing on his back with a thud. I gasped when he grabbed my leg to pull me off balance, making me crash to the ground right next to him. Not wasting any time, I rolled over onto Rindou, straddling his lap. I caught his wrists and pinned them above his head to the mat but I wasn't stupid; I knew I only had a few seconds before he would rip himself from my grip. So I had no choice but to listen to Izan's advice and use... 'other types of techniques'.

I leaned down until my face was a few inches away from Rindou's. "Shall we continue?" I asked him, gazing down into his eyes. Then I pressed my ass a little harder against his erection I could feel through the fabric of his sweatpants. I felt it harden under me as Rindou's cursed under his breath, his eyes fluttering shut.

"Fuck."

"Looks like you're enjoying yourself." I teased him.

"I am." He breathed, opening his eyes again. "Maybe a little too much."

"But you do know I still have to punch you now, right?"

He nodded once. "Do it."

His jaw ticked with anticipation as he watched me cock my elbow, my hand balling into a fist. But before I punched him, I couldn't help but apologize in advance. "Sorry." I whispered.

A second later, Rindou grunted as my fist collided with his cheekbone.

Izana started clapping when I got off of Rindou and stood up. I turned to him, finding a proud grin on his face. "There's my girl." 

It was the first time I saw him genuinely smile, the first time he praised me. Hopefully not the last.