Part 3 - Chapter 22

The morning after the party, the tension at the breakfast table was palpable.

Rindou had barely eaten anything since he'd sat down. His jaw was tight and his gaze dark as he stared at Mikey.

Mikey, who was sitting at the head of the table, was probably eating more than he had in the last few weeks. He was munching on a Dorayaki while regularly looking my way.

Meanwhile, I, like Rindou, hadn't eaten anything. 

What Rindou had done last night - or who he had done last night - was making me sick to my stomach even though he had every right to sleep with whoever he wanted. 

I had been pushing my food around on my plate for 10 minutes. Occasionally, I risked discreet glances up at Rindou who sat across from me. 

Ironically, the only people at the table aware of this invisible triangle were the ones who weren't a part of it: Kokonoi, Kakucho, Sanzu and Ran. They could all sense the tension. Their gazes kept traveling between Mikey, Rindou and I.

Kakucho and Kokonoi exchanged a look, then the former asked Mikey hesitantly, "Everything okay, boss?"

Mikey hummed in response while chewing. The corner of his lips ever so slightly lifted as he stared down at his plate.

Kakucho, Kokonoi and Sanzu were all stunned into silence. As for Ran, I think he was too hungover to notice but yeah... his boss was smiling.

Mikey. Was. Smiling.

Faintly, but still.

"So," Sanzu started hesitantly, still taken aback by his leader's unusual behaviour. "As you already know, we're leaving tonight for the money transfer and we-"

"What transfer?" I enquired.

Sanzu's gaze darted to me at the interruption.

He seemed annoyed but still answered me, "Taiju Shiba owed us some money. He's gonna bring it to us in cash but he wanted to do the transfer in a public place since..." He paused, clearing his throat. "...what happened last time we saw him."

Oh. Yeah. The time I seduced him and lured him into a hotel room before Rindou pointed a gun at him and threatened him. Smart of Taiju to refuse to meet somewhere private I guess. He learned his lesson.

"So," Sanzu continued, looking back at Mikey who was still eating. "The transfer will take place tonight at 11 pm in a night club in Yokohama. Ran, Rindou and I will go-"

"I want to go too." I cut him off.

Sanzu heaved a sigh at my second interruption.

"We don't need you." He replied coldly, flicking a slow gaze at me.

"Oh, come on. The more the merrier." I retorted, giving him a fake, wide closed-eyed grin.

His gaze narrowed at the edges as he regarded me. He opened his mouth to respond but I turned to Mikey before he could.

"Can I go?" I asked him.

"No." He replied reflexively before taking another bite of his Dorayaki.

"Please." I begged.

He just shook his head no, still chewing.

Under the table, I extended one of my legs and grazed his foot with my own. His body stilled and he stopped chewing and looked up at me, his eyes locking with mine.

"Please." I repeated.

'Please'... That's a word Mikey had used quite a lot last night. He had begged me again and again while I was on top of him and had him writhing underneath me, and I had granted him all his wishes. The least he could do in return was grant mine.