Part 2 - Chapter 37

After the wedding, I asked Naoto to give me any information he had on Y/N. All he was able to give me was an address in Roppongi. I drove there on a Friday morning and ended pulling up near an apartment complex situated in one of the wealthiest neighborhoods of the district. From the driver's seat, I could see the entrance of the complex and the few guards that stood by it.

A few minutes later, the transparent double doors slid open and a woman stepped out of lobby of the building. She wore a matching set of clothes: a pair of sweatpants and a large hoodie. She also wore a pair of sneakers, a baseball cap, and sunglasses. But even covered by that much clothing and accessories, I instantly recognized her.

Y/N.

She did not look like the type of person I had pictured this luxurious apartment complex would be filled with. Yet despite how casually she was dressed, the guards that stood by the entrance bowed down when they saw her. Her beautiful long hair swayed as she exchanged with them, flashing them a smile that exposed her perfect white teeth.

She looked happy.

Then a black car pulled up in front of the building. The chauffeur, who also looked like a bodyguard, opened the car door for Y/N, and the next minute, I was following them through town, always maintaining a little bit of distance between my car and theirs.

They stopped in front of a restaurant 10 minutes later. I stopped my car too and got out of the vehicle while the chauffeur opened the car door for Y/N again. The second she stepped out of the car, a waiter nearly ran out of the restaurant to come welcome her. He bowed down to her, and I heard her chuckle as she asked him not to be so formal around her.

"Why is the restaurant empty?" She then asked him, sweeping her eyes over the empty terrace before shooting a look over the waiter's shoulder to peek inside the restaurant which was indeed also empty.

"He booked it entirely for you, ma'am." The waiter replied.

He? Who's 'he'?

Well, whoever 'he' is, he must be incredibly rich.

"Not again." Y/N mumbled under her breath, embarassed, but a smile tugged at her lips. She clearly appreciated the gesture.

"He really cares about your safety." The waiter commented as he led her inside.

"Yeah. A little too much if you ask me." She replied, falling in line behind the waiter.

I tried to follow behind them but her bodyguard blocked my path. I had to crane my neck to look up at the imposing man.

"Uhm... I n-need to t-talk to Y/N L/N." I stuttered.

Even through his sunglasses, I could see his eyes narrowing in suspicion as he stared down at me.

"Wait here." He ordered before disappearing inside the restaurant.

He came back a minute later. I swallowed a gasp when he bent down to start patting my chest and legs to make sure I had no weapon on me. Once he was done, he gave me the green signal to enter the restaurant with a jerk of his chin.

I walked through the empty restaurant and headed for the only occupied table where Y/N was sitting with her legs crossed. She watched me approach, resting one arm on the armrest, her index finger hooked under her chin. She was as beautiful as the other future I had traveled to, but there was something different about her this time. I just couldn't pinpoint what it was exactly.

"Takemichi." The corner of her plump lips lifted as she took off her sunglasses, exposing her pretty eyes which were shining with interest. "Take a seat."