Part 3 - Chapter 14

"I won't let you down! I'll always come to save you, Mikey!" I screamed.

Mikey had just jumped off the rooftop. His body was dangling in the air. I had managed to grab his wrist at the last second. I was using my other hand to hold on to the edge of the rooftop and keep myself from falling down with him. If I let go, Mikey would fall down and die. There was no doubt about it. But apparently, that's what he wanted.

"Just let me end this." Mikey implored, his voice so low I could barely hear.

"Shut up!" I snapped, squeezing my eyes shut and shaking my head. "Why are you always like this?! Always putting all the burden on yourself when you could share it with me!

I opened my eyes, gazing at him through my tears. 

"Just say it once Mikey!" I begged. "Just say 'please help me', damn it!"

His eyes widened, then his lips quivered as a first tear ran down his pale cheek.

"Please," He started, whispering. "Help me. Help me, Y/N."

My eyes snapped open and I sat up in the bed, cold sweat glistening on my forehead as I breathed heavily. My heart was quickly thumping in rythm with my hangover headache.

This was the worst nightmare I had ever had. Mikey jumping off a building, and me, holding onto him for dear life. I still had goosebumps. It had felt so real. And while it was sometimes hard to find the meaning behind some of the weird dreams I had, the meaning behind this one was pretty clear.

Mikey needs help. My help.

The warm rays of sunshine filtering through the blinds of Draken's bedroom window indicated it was at least 9 am. I grunted as I got out of bed. Then I padded barefoot out of the bedroom and down the hallway, still wearing the same dress I had worn at the club the night before.

Two familiar voices reached my ears. I paused in the doorway of the kitchen and watched Draken and Erika interact. The former was making pancakes, and the latter was drinking a cup of coffee and discreetly eyeing Draken from her seat at the kitchen table while they chatted together. Both had a small, timid smile playing on their lips. I was pretty sure Draken was Erika's type, and vice versa.

I was going to turn on my heels to leave them alone when Erika noticed me.

"Y/N!"

She rose to her feet and walked up to me, her blonde brows scrunched up in worry, her hazel eyes surveying my face and body. 

"Are you okay? Where did you go last night? I couldn't find you in the club."

"I'm okay." I reassured her with a smile. "I just..."

I hesitated, my gaze darting to Draken who was watching me. I bet he was wondering if I knew Mikey was the one who had brought me back here last night. It was probably better to pretend I didn't remember anything. Especially after the conversation I had overheard between Mikey and Draken.

"I just drank too much. You know how I am." I laughed it off, patting Erika's shoulder.

Her face finally relaxed into a smile.

"Here." She reached into the pocket of her trench coat and pulled out my phone. "I came to give you this. My brother found it at the bar at the end of his shift."

"Oh, thanks."

I smiled at her, took my phone, and checked if it was still working. It was. On the screen were new messages and missed calls from Mitsuya.