Chapter 13

"Y/N!"

Someone called after me.

I jerked to a halt and turned around to see that Mitsuya was jogging to catch up with me.

"You're leaving school early?" He asked, panting as he stops in front of me.

"Oh," I grabbed the back of my neck, embarassed. "Yeah."

After what happened with Baji in the school bathroom, I felt the need to go home and take a shower, but most importantly, I needed space to process what the hell had just happened.

"I'm sorry," He breathed.

"What for?"

"Since you and Mikey broke up, I haven't spent a lot of time with you and-"

I lifted a hand to interrupt him, "It's okay, Mitsuya, I get it. I mean, he's your friend and your gang leader-"

He took a step closer to me, "But you're my friend too and I care about you." He paused, swallowing, "a lot."

I sighed and offered him a smile. He relaxed a little bit, his own lips curving up into a small smile.

"Why don't you come with me to the next Toman gathering?" He asked.

I avoid his gaze. "I'm not sure that's a good idea."

"You won't even have to talk to Mikey, I promise. It's just,..." His eyes searched mine. Held them captive as he whispers, "we all miss you." He seems to hesitate a little bit before adding, "I really miss you."

How could I say no when he's looking at me like that?

I sighed. "Okay fine, I'll go with you."

"Great!" He grinned, his eyes sparkling. "I'll pick you up tonight at 8."

He gave me a quick side-hug before jogging back toward the school building.

I stepped into my shower as soon as I got home. As the water pelted down my body, the memory of the way Baji looked kneeling in front of me invaded my head and one of my hands found its way between my legs. Except when I started touching myself, an image of Mikey flashed through my mind, making me instantly stop.

"Fucking hell," I swore under my breath.

Quickly getting out of the shower, I put on new clothes and dried my hair. 

Like promised, Mitsuya arrived at 8 to pick me up and, like he had done so many times before, he helped me get on his motorbike before driving us to the shrine the Toman gathering would take place at.

When we arrived, Mitsuya and I bot got off his motorbike and walked toward the crowd of Toman members already present. 

Part of me dreaded to see both Draken and Baji at the same time but I was thankful when I noticed that the two boys were great at keeping a neutral expression as they greeted me.

"It's nice to see you here," Chifuyu told me while he gave me a hug. I set my chin on his shoulder as I returned his hug and, over his shoulder, I locked eyes with both Baji and Draken. The two tall boys were observing me and I knew exactly what they were thinking about.

When Chifuyu let go of me, his gaze was nervously shifting from me to something behind my back.

"Shit." He ran a hand through his hair, nervous, "I'm sorry Y/N, I didn't know he was going to bring someone."

Frowning in confusion, I turned around and notice Mikey was approaching our group with a girl holding his arm.

Out of instinct, I took a step back but I bumped into somebody's chest. Shooting a look over my shoulder, I realized Draken was now standing behind me. 

He placed a reassuring hand on my arm and gazed down at me, "You alright?"

I nodded weakly in response, then I brought my gaze back to Mikey and the girl as they stopped in front of us. It seemed as if everyone was holding their breath while me and my ex-boyfriend held each other's gazes.

The atmosphere was electric. The other members probably expected me to make a scene. 

But I would never give Mikey this satisfaction.

Pastering on a smile, I held out a hand and introduced myself to the girl. "Hi, I'm Y/N."

Her lips curved up and she shook my hand to shake it. "I'm Yua."

As if silently congratulating me for keeping my composure, Draken wrapped an arm around my shoulders. Mikey's eyes ever so slightly widened. He flexed his jaw and cleared his throat.

"Let's start the gathering," Mikey said abruptly, his dark eyes still trained on Draken's arm around me. 

My ex-boyfriend turned around and walked off.

Baji, Mitsuya, Chifuyu and Draken all fell in line behind him, leaving me alone with Yua.

Oh well... this isn't awkward at all.