Part 2 - Chapter 13

In the matter of a few seconds, the fight between Toman and Valhalla had started. I didn't even know where to look anymore. Draken and Hanma were fighting against each other, Takemichi was whining on the ground, Mitsuya and Chifuyu were delivering punches so strong that they took their enemies down in the blink of an eye, and Mikey...

Wait, where's Mikey?

My gaze sought him in the junkyard, eventually finding him standing on the roof of a car in the middle of a big pile of busted vehicles. In front of him stood three guys: Kazutora, and two Valhalla captains I didn't know the names of.

Three versus one, how pathetic can you be Kazutora?

"What a fucking coward." Rindou cursed under his breath, echoing my own thoughts.

I flicked a quick gaze at him, finding him also watching the unfair fight about to take place on the other side of the junkyard.

I know I told Rindou I woudn't root for Mikey, but... I lied. In that moment, I was rooting for him. Nothing would have brought me more satisfaction than to see him take Kazutora down. I abhorred the same amount of hatred towards Hanemiya as Mikey, if not even more. I knew what Kazutora had done to Shinichiro and how much Shinichiro's death still affected Mikey. Him and I had spent many nights cuddling in bed while he talked to me about his older brother. Sometimes he would even cry, and I would just hug him, trying to comfort him as best as I could. I loved that he felt comfortable enough with me to be vulnerable. But at that moment, perched atop the hood of a car and ready to beat up three guys on his own, Mikey looked anything but vulnerable, and... I had to admit I loved that side of him even more.

It started off well; Mikey defended himself against the two Valhalla captains as they threw punches at him, but suddenly, one of them grabbed Mikey's arms while the other grabbed his legs, rendering him incapable of moving. Time seemed to slow down as Kazutora jumped in the air with a steel bar in his hands. My heartbeat stuttered as he hit Mikey's face with it, sending him tumbling down.

A scream got lodged in my throat, and I flinched, squeezing my eyes shut. I didn't want to watch anymore. I couldn't -

"Hey." Rindou placed a hand on my thigh again, and my eyes fluttered open, meeting his. "Just keep your eyes on me." He ordered. I tried to do as he said, but I couldn't resist the urge to sneak another glance in Mikey's direction to see if he was okay. Rindou held my face with both hands to make me look back at him. "Don't look. I'll tell you when it's over, 'kay?"

I swallowed hard and nodded, keeping my eyes on his. He slid his hands a little higher to cover my ears so I wouldn't hear the screams and chilling sound of the metal bar hitting Mikey's face each time Kazutora landed another hit. 

Half a minute later, Rindou flicked another gaze at the scene before looking back at me. Slowly, he slid his hands off my ears and let them fall back into his lap. "You can look now."

I turned to look at where Mikey had been standing. He was still there, but the three boys who had been hitting him were now all laying down, blood gushing out of their noses.

My heart sank as I studied Mikey's face from a distance. He looked tired. So, so tired. When he dropped his head forward and fell to his knees, a group of Valhalla members took the opportunity to rush towards him. They jumped from car to car, propelling themselves forward. Mikey's enemies were rapidly approaching, yet he didn't move a single muscle.

Stand up, Mikey!

I rose to my feet by reflex but Rindou caught my wrist. "Don't."

My gaze quickly darted from him to my ex.

Come on, Mikey, stand up ! Stand up!

Right before the first Valhalla member could hit him, Kisaki appeared out of nowhere, and I don't think I'd ever been happier to see his stupid face. Him and his underlings protected Mikey until there was no Valhalla member ready to attack him in sight. I let out a breath I had been holding, sitting back down next to Rindou.

Suddenly, Baji came out of nowhere, jumping from the roof of a car to another. For a moment, I wasn't sure who he was coming for. Kisaki or Mikey? But then, I saw him punch Kisaki in the face. The blond's pair of glasses was immediately broken and sent flying to the ground. A second later, it was Baji's turn to be sent flying to the ground when one of Kisaki's underlings punched him. He quickly stood back up and tried to walk back towards Kisaki, but Chifuyu and Takemichi blocked his path, spreading their arms wide.

At that point, every other person present had stopped what they were doing to watch what was going on, including me, Rindou and Ran.

I swallowed a gasp when Baji punched Chifuyu to get him out of his way. He took another step forward but Takemichi jumped on him, wrapping his arms around his waist. Then someone appeared behind Baji's back, and I caught sight of Kazutora's black and blonde hair.

Takemichi, Baji, and Kazutora all froze for a moment.

What the hell happened?

Takemichi let go of Baji to push Kazutora away, then Baji spoke to Takemichi and Chifuyu. I narrowed my eyes, trying to read their lips,  but they were too far away. Baji used a hairtie to tie his hair up in a ponytail before turning to face the entirety of the 3rd division surrounding Kisaki.

"Wait, he's not seriously thinking about fighting 50 guys alone..." I muttered under my breath.

"Don't worry." Rindou reassured me. "Baji's a good fighter."

"Not better than us, tho." Ran added, flashing me a smirk.

I chuckled, slightly relaxing. By the time I looked back at Baji, he had already taken down almost every member of the third division. I had to bite the inside of my cheek to keep myself from cheering for him loudly, but I couldn't suppress the widening grin on my face. 

God, I was so proud of him.

Finally, he took down the last member of the third division. There was only him and Kisaki left. He raised his steel bar, pointing it at Kisaki's throat, and I held my breath.

Come on, Baji! Do it!

One second passed.

Two.

Three.

Four.

Why aren't you moving, Baji?