Part 2 - Chapter 9

After our altercation in the bathroom, Mikey and I walked back into our classroom under our classmates' curious stares. We both tried to pretend like nothing happened, but I was definitely better at it than Mikey because out of the corner of my eye, I caught him watching me during class several times. The look on his face was so intense that I couldn't tell if he was busy plotting my death or imagining a hundred ways to do me. It's most likely the former.

As soon as the bell rang, I gathered my things and dashed out of the room to go meet up with Hina at the cafeteria. But I had to drop by my locker first.

"Y/N !"

Takemichi called my name as I strode down the hallway, but I ignored him. I was not in the mood for chit-chat.

"Wait!" He jogged to catch up with me and started walking by my side. "Y/N-"

"Now is really not the time." I cut him off.

"I know Mikey found out."

I jerked to a halt, slowly turning to Takemichi. "How do you-"

"Mitsuki told everyone."

He answered my question before I could even finish it.

Well, I guessed that explained why people were whispering and staring at me in class and in the hallways.

"This bitch needs a muzzle." I cursed under my breath and started walking again, Takemichi following behind me. I stopped in front of my locker and opened it to retrieve my school books.

"He hasn't found out it was Baji and Draken, right?" Takemichi asked.

I nearly dropped the book I was holding, my heart tripping over itself.

"They fucking told you?! " I exploded.

"No, no! They didn't! " He quickly denied, waving his hands.

"So Hina told you?!"

She was the only other person who knew.

"No! No one told me anything, I swear!" He denied again, then he stared off to the side as he tried to come up with an explanation. "I just... guessed. "

I cocked an eyebrow, clearly not believing him. "You guessed?"

"I had uhm... a vision." He said, nervously scratching the back of his neck. "Well, kinda."

He was making absolutely no sense, but this wasn't the first time he was acting strange. Sometimes, I felt like there were two Takemichis. The one who cheated on Hina, and then the one I was talking to right now who seemed... suspiciously clairvoyant.

"Are you high?" I asked, bringing my face closer to his to try to see if his pupils were dilated.

"No, it's -I j-just-" He stuttered and pulled away, his cheeks turning scarlet red. "Look, I can't explain, okay? But I just have to ask you to make sure Mikey never finds out what happened between you and Draken and Baji. If he did, it would be the end."

"The end of what?"

"Of Toman, of Baji,... of Mikey as we know him."

I snorted, turning back to my locker. "Maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing. Mikey's acting like an asshole these days."

"No, I'm serious, Y/N. He can never find out."

Takemichi sounded so solemn that I paused, glancing at him again.

"Okay." I agreed, shrugging my shoulders. "I wasn't planning on telling him, you know."

"You promise?"