Part 2 - Chapter 22

Y/N's pov (past)

After my training session with Izana, I tossed my gym bag over my shoulder and headed to the cemetery. It had become part of my daily routine to visit Baji's grave. Today, Chifuyu was there when I arrived. He was sitting on the ground in front of Baji's grave, his head tipped forward.

He looked up as I approached, and I noticed the tears hanging at the rim of his green eyes before he wiped them with the sleeves of his hoodie. His attempt to hide he had been crying was ruined by a sniffle as he greeted me. "Hey."

"Hey" I greeted him back softly. "Do you want me to leave?" I asked, jerking a thumb to the entrance of the cemetery.

"No, stay." He patted the spot next to him on the ground of the cemetery which was made up of gravel and pebbles.

I gave him a small, sad smile and sat down next to him, hugging my knees to my chest. For a minute, we both stared in silence at Baji's grave. I knew that, just like me, Chifuyu still couldn't believe Keisuke was just... gone. That he would never come back.

My gaze dropped to a small cardboard takeaway box laid on the ground in front of Chifuyu. I quickly recognized the smell of Baji's favorite food.

"Yakisoba." I whispered with a smile.

"Hmm." Chifuyu hummed in response, the corner of his lips slightly tipping up as he glanced down at the box, but the beginning of his smile vanished as he looked back up to Baji's grave.

"Do you still think about him?" He asked me.

"Yeah, every day. You?"

"All the time."

For another few minutes, we continued staring at the grave, the silence settling between us somewhat cathartic.

"Wanna share it?" Chifuyu finally asked, pointing a finger at the takeaway box. I looked up at him as he added with a grin : "I'm sure Baji would hate it if we wasted food."

I nodded. "Sure."

It felt like this might have been the beginning of a stronger friendship between me and Chifuyu, a friendship that might last a very long time. Who knows?

Him and I were taking our first bite of Yakisoba when Chifuyu looked at something over my shoulder.

"Isn't that Takemichi?" He asked, his brows knitting together.

Following his line of sight, I looked over my shoulder, narrowing my eyes to try to recognize the person who was sprinting towards us. Blonde hair, big blue eyes, ridiculously large pants.

"Yep, that's Takemichi." I confirmed.

The blond boy continued sprinting, never once slowing down, and when he reached us, he practically threw himself on Chifuyu and I, pulling us into a suffocating hug.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked him, trying to pry his arms off of me.

Takemichi finally let go of us. Tears welled in his eyes as he whined. "I've never been so happy to see you two! You were dead! God, you were dead!"

Chifuyu and I exchanged a quick glance.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Chifuyu asked Takemichi.

The blond boy finally seemed to realize what he had just said. He slapped a hand over his mouth, his eyes widening. "Shit." He tried to walk away from us but I caught his wrist, tugging on it to force him to sit down next to us.

"You got some explaining to do, Takemichi."

-----------------------

"So..." I started hesitantly while still trying to process everything Takemichi had just revealed to Chifuyu and I. "You can travel in time every time you shake Naoto's hand. Toman 12 years from now is a criminal organization. Kisaki kills Hina, Chifuyu and I in the future. Hanma, a few ex black dragons are part of Toman, and I'm part of Toman too?"