18

Deep conversations.
___________________

Laughter filled the living room. Jeongin sat with his legs crossed, smiling and giggling whenever his father would mention something weird he did as a child.

"No cause it was cute. And you mom loved dressing you up funny, I once had to stop her before she turned you into a zebra" his father laughed, placing down the utensil on the plate, smiling at his oh so adorable son.

"I miss going to the zoo with her.." Jeongin smiled sadly, looking down at his hands.

Hope was starting to fade from the boy's vision. His mother's condition continued to worsen, and the doctors kept saying that they couldn't do much about it. They couldn't operate on her body cause it was too weak, they continued to try feeding her with a tube, three times a day. But still nothing. No matter what medicine, food or a y form of medical treatment they gave her, her condition continued to worsened.

It came to a point where they were afraid to give her meds for a whole week due to high blood pressure..and the amount of wiat she lost.

She looked like pure skeleton, stick and stones was enough to break her bones. Her skin was cold and dry, which definitely was a sign of eventual death.

"I know..and if I should be completely honest with you..she won't make it. No matter what we do, nor the hospital, her body is too weak to handle any form of liquid and substances, I know it's hard to hear..but she won't be with us when the end of this year comes around" His father spoke, looking a his son dead serious in the eyes.

That was one thing he definitely didn't want to admit. He didn't want to admit the fact his mother wasn't going to hold on anymore, he stayed denial.

"B-but her medicine, it should help-".

"Jeongin..medicine is expensive. I've spend 30 dollars on getting just the small dosis of what she needs daily. But her body does not want to takin the medicine..it throws it up every now and then..the truth is that she's only in pain right now, cause we're trying to keep her alive..her body can't take anymore, we need to accept that she won't be here much longer" his father spoke, wanting to be fully honest with his son.

Jeongin felt an overwhelming amount of emotions hit him. He didn't like to think of the fact to celebrate christmas without her. Sure it was 2 months away, but thinking about it hurt. But he knew what his father had Tom's him, was true, and he had no reason but to accept it like it was.

Eventually, he broke into a crying mess. Sobbing uncontrollably in his father arms, not wanting to think a out that one painful moment of actually saying his last words to her.

He would lose so much of his pride, once she'd leave this world. He couldn't think a out how empty his days were going to be, knowing she won't return back to her home..she won't return back to her husband, nor son, who waited patiently, and fought hard to keep her with them, even if it meant they'd grow old and grey..though they should prepare themselves to let go.

Even though Jeongin would lose his true colors for a period of time..hoping a d wishing that day, would take thousand of years to reach.