5. sad eyes ✨

Kairi
-you're in the middle of the darkest night, i know it hurts baby-
-james arthur-

"I'm walking through now." I enter the entrance of the park. There's a guy that camps out here that we need to take in for questioning, he was seen at multiple arson scenes and for some reason, the local cops just gave it to us, considering we're in town.

He usually hides out in the hut, lately our snitch told us he hides out in the playhouse.

I check the playhouse first, he wasn't in there, I nearly got stuck.

"He's not in the playhouse." I say into my radio, knowing Ace and Khalil are on theirs, listening. "Checking the hut now."

I walk towards it, inside were two silhouettes. I walk down the little hill part into the hut, my eyes falling to a guy sitting, staring at the other person. I look and wanted to slap myself, what is this girl doing here again?

This wasn't the guy we're looking for, "What are you doing?" I click my fingers in front of the guys face. He was stoned out of his mind, wasn't paying attention to me, just stared at Athena.

I look to see what she was wearing, best believe she grabs peoples attention whenever her breast are out.

She wore black jeans, a blue cropped shirt that barely covered her breasts. "Find anything?" Khalil asks through the radio.

"Nothing useful." I say back, clapping my hands in front of his face which seemed to wake him. He looks to me and I lift up my badge, his eyes go wide and he starts running.

I don't think weed should be a crime so I just let him. "Are you coming back?" Ace asks.

"No." I reply, then turn my radio off completely.

I walk over to Athena, pushing her shoulder a little. She doesn't move, like not an inch, just flops. I check her pulse and thankfully she was alive, I do not feel like writing up for a body tonight.

I push her a little harder and then she sucks her breath in, eyes shooting open. She takes a second to look around and figure out she's not in any danger. "I told you to call me if you're homeless-"

"I already said i'm not homeless." She replies sharply.

"Then why the fuck are you sleeping here?" I tut.

"Because i fucking can." She snaps back, "Now leave me alone."

She's not in a good mood. I didn't tell the guys I know she's sleeping in here, she's embarrassed about it, but if she doesn't fucking move i'll call Ace and tell his ass to deal with her.

She looks away from me, holding two reusable containers storing cake. She balances on on top of the other and then takes her phone out of her pocket, pressing the button was useless, it was dead.

"Athena what are you doing here?" I stand before her. She pisses me off because she doesn't listen.

"Going for a midnight stroll so fuck off-"

"Tell me to fuck off one more time-"

"Fuck off." She looks me dead in the eye.

I feel my jaw tighten, I don't even want to help her but it's literally my duty too. "Why didn't you call me?" I can see my number in the back of her phone case.

"Because." She closes her eyes again, resting it against the disgusting wood of the hut. It's rotting.

"What happened?" I can be persistent and annoying as well.