32. less of you✨

Kairi
-you are the only thing that's ever made sense to me-
-keshi-

Her gloves made my hand itch as we walked down the high streets but i felt like i was going to end up losing her if i let go.

"So i have a list of people of people im getting presents for." She stops, pulling me over to the side.

I look down at her as she looks down at a piece of paper. Her nose is red from the cold, eyes a little watery but she looks adorable.

The list had everyone on my team wrote down, even Maya who she's known for like four weeks. Her brother. Jadyn and Theo and Jadyn's girlfriend. Mr and Mrs Brown. Me. Her mom, which surprised me, her sister, which was just as surprising.

The last one said, the little homeless kid.

"Who's the homeless kid?" I ask her, putting her face in my hands in hope to warm her up.

She's so stubborn. I said i'd give her my sweatshirt but she kept saying no. I'm literally so warm walking around out here, even if it is cold and about to snow, i'm always warm in winter for no reason. She'd rather her outfit look cute then be warm?

"He comes to Mrs. Browns cafe, only Saturday evening though. I let him in, let him stay by the fire, make him some drink and give him the leftover things. I don't know his name, i think he's about sixteen, he's really quiet. I think i'm going to get him a hotel for a couple nights." She folds the paper up, shoving it into her purse.

The only thing i thought to do was kiss her. Her kindness will always shock me.

"There's a nice homeless shelter around, it takes good care of the kids, the guys and i donate there whenever we can. You should take him there." I rub her cheeks with my thumb.

"Would a hotel not be better?"

"They play Christmas games, are given donated presents, the volunteers make it seem like a real family." I think it would be better there for him, being alone on Christmas sucks.

"We can send him there then. I'm still going to make him something special." She grabs my hands and starts walking again.

I let her drag me into an arts and crafts store, "He mentioned that he liked to draw." She picks up a basket.

She added pencils, erasers, sketchpads, pastels, coloured pencils, paints and paint brushes. "I'm just going to talk to the lady i'll be right back." She let's go of my hand, saying, "excuse me" as she held something up.

I used to love drawing as a kid and a teenager, the busier i got the more i couldn't do it. Most of my tattoo's i designed myself.

I pick up the sketch pads, i always loved the texture of the paper, it bought me comfort whenever i got angry as a kid. Drawing was my coping mechanism for my anger issues. I don't really have a coping mechanism for them anymore apart from going to the gym, taking my anger out on the punching bags.

I pick up a set of sketching pencils and then walk to the till, Athena meets me there. "Oh, who are they for?" She sets her basket down.

"Me." I take the money out of my pocket, she tried arguing with me in the car about this but i made myself very clear. I want to pay. I always want to pay. It's about time i spended my money on something.

"You draw?" She asks, shocked.

"Yeah." I give her enough money to pay for everything here, then the cashier walks over. I don't like talking to them.

"I love your outfit, by the way." The lady says to Athena and in return, Athena had this massive smile over her face. "It's adorable."

"Thank you." She blushes a little.