69. sparks🌺🔥

Athena
-my heart is yours-
-coldplay-

As soon as we arrived in Chicago, Kairi got an urgent meeting call and had to leave me off at his house with his FBI friend i haven't met before while he ran along.

Arthur is giving me a tour of Kairi's home which is absoloutely beautiful, but it's massive. There's like five bedrooms all with en-suits, two living rooms, two kitchens, a theatre room, an inside gym, an infinity pool in the backyard. The turning circle in the front has a waterfall in front of it.

It's honestly a beautiful home.

And it's surrounded by trees. Arthur sent me a picture of it whenever it snowed and it really looks so beautiful.

"Why don't you have to go to the emergency meeting?" I slump on the couch, the L shaped couch with a circle glass coffee table in front of it, two matching couch chairs on the other side and a massive, like massive flat screen TV above an open fire.

"Not part of their team.... well, i am but i'm not like field work?" He kind of questions it himself.

"Ezekiel isnt field work." I know he's the technician.

"But Zee is usually the one that finds everything out and the agents just do the dirty work, better to go with them in case servers break down." He shrugs, "Do you like his house?"

"Yeah, i love it. It's big."

"It is but it's great for holidays, we all usually come to thanksgiving here, Christmas sometimes too. And after we've done big cases, we do gatherings here." He smiles, "He likes you a lot, huh?"

"Oh yeah, he's like head over heels in love with me and it's crazy." I joke, not really a joke, he is in love with me.

"You seem good for him, he's always been quite moody since i met him and with you he's smiling and shit, it's quite adorable to be honest." He laughs.

Arthur and i speak a lot of time, talking and getting to know each other before the rest of the team arrive back at Kairi's. They all looked so fed up and just angry.

Kairi especially.

Arthur stands up and i'm quickly to follow, "What happened?" I ask.

"Fucking hate this job." He throws his overnight bag on the floor, then struts to the kitchen whereas everyone takes a seat.

I follow after Kairi and he opens the fridge and pulls out a beer. Nope, not until we've talked. I snatch it off him, "Baby don't." He takes it off me.

I take it back off him, "Talk, then you can drink."

"Athena i'm not in the fucking mood, give me the fucking beer." He raises his voice.

"What happened?" I ignore his attitude for now.

"Can you let me be pissed off for five fucking minutes Athena? Jesus Christ don't be so needy." He snatches the beer off me.

No. Fuck him.

I snatch it back off him and throw it onto the floor, "You give your bullshit to other people okay. Just because you have a bad day, doesn't mean you can sit there and take it out on me. Understood?" I raise my voice. "I'm not your employee or someone you can boss around, Kai. I'm your girlfriend and if you're not going to talk to me with respect then you can fuck off." I walk past him.

Two seconds and he grabs me and pulls me back into him.

That's what i thought.

"I'm sorry." He mumbles into my neck, "I'm so sorry, i won't ever talk to you like that again."