92. only love can hurt like this 🌺

Athena
-your kiss is burning to my skin, only love can hurt like this-
-paloma faith-

"You're gonna be okay." I hold Kairi's chest, putting pressure on the gunshot wound.

"I know." He smiles, lazily, his eyes closing over.

"Shhh, keep your energy. Don't talk." I look around, "Help!"

You'd think in a room full of doctors someone would have the decency to stay and help.

"Wanna cuddle?" Kairi asks, his eyes closing over.

"Baby keep your eyes open." I'm trying my hardest to stay calm.

I seen it.

I seen him walking toward me.

And i seen the guy point the gun and shoot.

And i seen the bullet pierce through his chest, right above his heart.

I've never ran so fast in my life.

Never felt so panicked.

I watched him get shot.

"I can't." He grabs my ankle, "Hey-"

"Kairi please." I see the goosebumps appear on his neck and arms.

This isn't good. Not at all.

Kairi never gets cold. Even when it's snowing, he's never cold. He shouldn't be cold. My Kairi doesn't get cold.

"Are you cold?" I look around, my eyes landing on Johnny with a cut in his eyebrow, "Johnny! Johnny help!"

"I'm..." He opens his eyes, "I'm okay."

"Yeah. Tell me that soon baby." I don't think he will be. His blood is pooling through my fingers. And there's no exit wound. The bullets travelling down.

It could be in his heart right now.

"Do you want to cuddle when we're home." His hand reachers for my face, "And eat miso soup."

"I'm gonna look forward to it." I let him wipe my tears away with his thumb. His hands are shaking. His thumb is moving in a slow, raggedy pattern.

"You're so pretty." He closes his eyes.

"No no, open them baby." I look at Johnny running up with a paramedic.

"Too tired."

"If you don't open your eyes i'm going to be real mad, Kairi. You don't want me to be mad, baby, do you?" I choke on my words, my throat is aching. Where the fuck is everybody? He stayed to help everyone and no one's helping him.

"No, don't be mad baby." His eyes slowly open, "Wanna get married in Hawai'i?"

"Yeah, you gotta fight so we can do that right?" I shuffle down so Johnny and the paramedic can take over. "No exit wound, i don't know where the bullet is but it entered through the clavicle."

I quickly move my hands away and Johnny presses down there instead, "Are you okay, Kairi?" Johnny asks.

"I'm... Tired."

"We're gonna fix you right up, buddy. Can you press down on my fingers please?"

Kairi takes his hand away from me and puts it on Johnny's hand. "Well done man, good job. We're gonna take the pain away, that okay?"

"Hm." Kairi opens his eyes lazily, "Love you Thena." That's the first time he's ever called me Thena.

Ever.