44. nothings gonna hurt you🌺

Athena
-nothings gonna hurt you baby nothings gonna take you from my side-
-cigarette after sex-

"Your dad said he's proud of you." Hayley hugs me tightly as she stands outside of the university campus with me. "Called him before i picked you up."

"I am so scared." I keep hold of her hand.

"It's anxiety, darling. When's your friend going to be here?" She looks around, waiting for the only other boy that graduated early.

His names Charlie, his a bit of a nerd but i think it's extremely adorable, he rambles all the time.

"He'll meet me in the lecture hall." I wipe my hands on my jeans.

Kairi was supposed to come but as soon as he finished the case in Idaho, he went straight to New Mexico for another case, was set to come back but then instead ended up in Chicago. He should be home today or tomorrow.

"Do you have your bracelet?" She asks, lifting up my hand. Dad gifted me a bracelet that tracks my location, and if i press the button it sends a message that i am in danger.

I thought it was a bit over the top but then dead animals started showing up at my apartment too and it just got a little overwhelming, thankfully Hayley's been staying with me while dads on a case abroad.

"All here." I look at the purple band. "Will you pick me up?"

"I can try, i'll see what my schedules like." She smiles at me, her dark skin beaming in the little rays of sunlight, "Go on, i'll be all sentimental and watch you walk in."

I laugh, hugging her once last time before i grab my bag and walk into the campus, i look back and she did wait for me to walk inside of the medical lecture hall, today is the introduction for those starting this semester.

I find Charlie sitting near the middle and walk over to him, "You look pale." He looks up from his phone.

"I'm nervous." I say truthfully, it was starting to fill up, a lot more people than i expected.

"Extroverted, confident Athena is nervous?" He says, as a joke.

"Yes, she is." I laugh, pulling out my notepads and pen, then my laptop.

"Don't be. The professor came in and she's lovely, very relaxed and chill. Plus this is just the introduction, save your worries for whenever you step foot in the hospital-"

"Charlie please do not say that, you will freak me out." I smile anyway. He laughs and we wait the ten minutes for the professor to walk in.

She was an older lady, a hijab wrapped around her head and a smile plastered on her face. "Twenty-three of you are under my care." She counts quickly, "Thought there was going to be more but anyway, graduating early from High School is a big change to University, so i welcome you with open arms, i wish you all the best and hope you become great doctors one day."

"My names Dr. Niyla Khan. I'll be your guys super attendant, uh... boss? Manager, best friend, shoulder to cry on, anything you wish." She says, receiving a couple of laughs from the class.

The introduction was sweet and short, she went over what we'd be doing, gave us a tour around the hospital, the medical buildings.

Another super attendant called Joshua is one of ours too, we were split into two groups. Thankfully Charlie and I were paired together in Dr. Khans group.

"This is the emergency department." She looks down at her files but advertises the doors to the ER. "Athena, Charlie, Paulina and Rishaad, you all put on your application that you would like to work here one day."