24. star shopping✨

Kairi
-i know that i'm not that important to you, but to me, girl, you're so much more than gorgeous-
-lil peep-

"If you're gonna talk to her, take her where no one can hear you guys." Ace says, grabbing a beer from behind me, "And stop staring, it's weird."

"Why is she talking to Malik?" I look at Ace and he just laughs in my face. Yes. i'm jealous. I'm always jealous when it comes to her.

"He got shot, Kairi. Shes making sure he's okay." He shakes his head.

For two hours? I doubt it.

I look back at them and she was laughing, her smile lit up the room and Malik was looking at her as if she was his next target.

My phone starts ringing in my pocket, i hold it in my hand as i walk into the laundry room, it's quiet in here. "Hello." I answer.

"Baby." Annalise says on the other line, her words slurred. "Riri i miss you."

I pains me when she calls me that, i hate Riri more than i hate Kai and yet whenever Athena calls me Kai, i love it.

Why am i thinking about Athena again?

"You're drunk Anna." I shake my head.

"I'll see you soon, riri. Bye my love." She hangs up. The fuck was that about.

I check my messages before wanting to leave again. My liason sent a couple of messages for a possible kidnapping, we need to wait on more information.

The door to the laundry room opens and unexpectedly, Athena walks in, phone pressed to her ear.

I stay leaning against the wall, not trying to hide, i want to confront her.

"Theo why do you keep calling me?" She faces the door, hand on the handle.

"Stop it, you're drunk... You don't have feelings for me, your just drunk... okay well go fuck her then just leave me alone... oh shut up... fuck... Theo i'm not home i'm out with friends... okay... okay bye."

Theo better not have feelings for her.

I clear my throat and then walk to her, she turns around, confused and taken by surprise. She thought she was alone, "Theo has a crush on you, huh?" I take her hand off the door handle, standing in the way of the door.

"Apparently so, now move." She sighs, annoyed with me already.

"You know i won't do that. Let's talk this out." I look down to her outfit, she looks so good, she looks cozy. I want to hug her.

"You already did enough talking-"

"I'm sorry for what i said, Athena. I was wrong, i don't know why i said it. It was rude and-"

"How many times have you rehearsed this?" She looks down then back up, "You keep saying sorry but i know you don't mean it."

"Yes i do. Trust me, if i could turn around and take it back, i would." I don't know how to apologize, i really don't know how to communicate.

"So do you think of me, Kai?" She asks again, her eyes watering a little bit.

"Every damn second of the day you're on my mind, Athena. I'm in the middle of a case and i'm thinking about you." I say honestly, "I can't fucking function properly whenever you walk into a room. You're always on my mind."

"Was i always on your mind two weeks ago? Or back then did you just use me as your own personal image to get off on?" She folds her arms over her chest, her eyes darting at both of my eyes.