30. i see the light✨

Kairi
-if she's here it's crystal clear, i'm where i'm meant to go-
-tangled lol-

We sat in the cafe, Athena just pushed me away so she could get back to work. I like... no i love being around her. Ace is probably right, i am probably in love with that girl, i wouldn't know, i don't think i've ever loved anyone properly. But she's making me double take on that.

She took our orders and then quickly left the room so i wouldn't pull her back.

Once she left, i get up and close the door. "I need all of your help." I turn around, walking back to my seat.

"You are so obsessed with her." Ace smile, "God she's just trying to work and you're out here not wanting to let her go-"

"Listen." I roll my eyes at him, "What the fuck am i supposed to get her for Christmas?"

"She said she wanted my sweater but she already has like five of them so i think that's a useless gift. I don't know if she wears jewellery, she has like everything anyway, i have no idea what to get to her." I say, "And everytime i ask her she just shakes her head and says nothing, like? But then she forces me to tell her what i want."

I rub my eyes, giving gifts it so stressful. Why could she not have just like asked for a necklace or something?

I look up once i realize they're all quiet. They all stared at me with a smile on their face.

"Never thought i'd see the day where Kairi Hamada stresses over a girl." Ace speaks up, resting his lip between his teeth, "Go on, carry on ranting about her."

"This isn't funny. This is serious." I need to get her the perfect gift.

"It's a christmas present, Kairi." Ace says, sounding a little confused that i was so stressed over it.

"Are you taking her shopping?" Maya asks.

"Tomorrow, yeah." I clear my throat, "If this case is running on, i've already asked for my day off. Khalil will lead."

"Forget about the case for a second." Ace smiles, "When you guys are shopping, see if she looks at something for a little too long. If she does and doesn't buy it, you know what she wants."

"Exactly." Maya says, "But have a backup, just in case. Every girl looks pampering sets, face mask, shit like that. Just put a few together. Is she like a girly girl?"

"Yeah." I'm glad they know what they're talking about.

"Okay so what's happening tomorrow?" Ace asks.

"Shes friends with Theo and Jadyn again so they're coming for the first half hour." I roll my eyes, i wish it could have just been us but she's happy they're coming, said she wants me to meet them and i would literally end the world if it meant she had a smile on her face.

"Then it's just gonna be us and we're gonna go shopping and shit, take her for a meal-"

"Where?" Maya interrupts me.

"I don't know, anywhere she wants to go."

"Are you going shopping again after the meal?" She asks.

"Yeah if she wants too."

"Make sure to, take her to a jewellery shop and get something for your mom. See if she's eyeing anything." She says.

I take mental notes, why do i never think of the most normal things?

A loud thud downstairs causes us to stop the conversation. We just sit silently until someone screams.

Worry rushes over me and i run down the stairs quickly, all of them following behind me. "Athena?" I push the door open.