35. cinema✨

Kairi
-i could watch you for a lifetime, you're my favourite movie-
-gary go-

I wake with Athena clutched onto me as if she were holding on for dear life. Her eyes were closed tight, her ear pressed against my chest, right where my heart was, her legs and arms wrapped around me.

Last night is one i'll remember with joy.

Not just the sex, but after. I showered her like i usually do after we fuck, blow dried her hair for her while she sat tiredly on the counter in my restroom, did the only thing i knew how to do and put her hair in a low pony tail.

Changed her into the christmas pyjamas i bought her, let her brush her teeth while i changed our bedsheets, bought her to bed.

I bought everything in for her, placed it over my bed and we got to working.

The basket was a medium sized one, dark brown and she sprayed a cinnamon scent on it to, and i remember her words, "Giving it the christmassy smell."

I put everything in piles so it was easier for her. She was exhausted after our moment but was adamant on making them before i left.

Kaya heard everything and didn't forget to call Athena names before walking back into her room, Athena was too tired to react.

I ordered us pizza, she put on High school fucking musical as she made the hampers.

Every one contained of the same things, presented in the same way. A box of shortbread cookies, a small stuffed animal (a polar bear,) A box of chocolates, a bath set (including a scrub, shower gel, body lotion, bath salts and a face mask,) A set of candles, a large candle, a bottle of wine and a christmas card with a personalised message from her.

They all sat wrapped in a layer of tissue paper on the floor of my bedroom.

I mess my fingers in her hair, it's 10AM, i need to leave at 3 so i can get to the airport on time.

I come to realize how fond i feel of her. I have made more memories with her in three weeks, than i did with my wife of two years.

Maybe it is because i'm not working as much and therefore have more time, but i'd much rather believe i've finally found that person my mother always told me i would find.

I actually want to make time for Athena.

She rolls off me, her leg still dangling over mine. I had the urge to draw her. To capture how beautiful she looked as she slept.

And so i did.

I carefully got out of the bed and grabbed the sketch pad and pencils i bought, got back in bed with her and she shuffled toward me a little bit.

I start drawing her.

Starting with her face, how her hair fanned over it, her lips pouty and cheeks chubby, her skin smooth with pink cheeks, the cracks in her dry lips, her eyes lashes fallen onto her cheek.

Down her neck line, the hickey fresh on her neck, the beauty marks, the scar as well.

Her.

She is a masterpiece.

It was an hour before i finished the drawing and she moved again, her head back on my chest, her legs lifting over mine.

I close the notepad over and shove it under my pillow.

"Your heart raises so fast at the most random times." Athena grumbles, her voice croaky and dry, as expected to do after her giving me head. Safe to say that will always be on my mind.