27. big chance🌺

Athena
-i want a little bit more than nothing, and it might tear us apart, but it's you i'm tired of craving-
-superm-

Kairi took us to a Japanese restaurant, it was fancy and we were extremely underdressed but i like standing out.

He was wearing his clothes from work, a black shirt with black jeans and a black leather jacket. I wore a white jumpsuit with one of his sweaters over my shoulders. He forced me to wear it because it was cold out.

"Mr. Hamada." A smaller, chubby guy walks over. Kairi bows to him and i just smile, was i supposed to bow? I grip onto Kairi's arm a little tighter.

He starts speaking a foreign language, Japanese i assume, and then the guy leads us to a booth in the restaurant.

I take my seat opposite where Kairi sat, but he made sure to extend his long legs so that he was still touching me, despite the table being large and between us.

They talk in Japanese for a while and i pick the menu up, i knew what sushi was and that was all. I really need to work on my palette.

"Baby." Kairi taps my ankle a little. "I've already ordered."

I set the menu down, "Oh." And he laughs, saying goodbye to the guy that walks off.

"Have you always been able to speak Japanese?" I ask, moving my bag to the side.

"Mom can't speak English very well so she taught us Japanese. Bilingual, Ace can speak fluent Italian and Khalil fluent Arabic." He smiles as the same old guy walks over with a tray full of a drinks.

"What would you like?" He asks me.

I look over the drinks, "Just a sprite please."

He nods and grabs me a glass bottle of sprite, along with a glass full of ice and a straw. "Thank you." I smile as he sets it on the table in front of me.

Kairi speaks in Japanese again and the guy pours him some water but leaves a soda on the side. Then he walks off.

"Do you know him?" I ask, stupid question, of course they know each other.

"Yeah." He takes his jacket off, his arms flexing and tattoo's catching my attention again. "I got us different types, not just sushi, you can try whatever you like."

I smile, "Thanks. How was your case?"

"Was just reading over a few today, didn't have one. I gotta go to LA next week though."

"Oh... Why?" I pour the sprite into the glass of ice, i found amusement in the way it bubbled.

"PD there needs our help. We'll be gone a couple of days." He sips on his water.

"Do you guys have like your own private jet like they do in criminal minds?" I wiggle my eyebrows.

He smiles wider, "Yeah something like that."

My smile drops.

"Wait really?"

"Yeah, i mean, we usually travel around America but it's just recently we've been stuck in New York." He shrugs his shoulders a little, "We've not been taking on cases from other states."

"What's it like when you do? How bad is travelling? I've only ever been to Greece and Paris before and it was when i was like, five, so i didn't even remember it." I wish i did travel more though.

"It's... Strange. I don't like waking up not knowing how long i'm going to be away for, and a little stressful too because then i'm always doing shit to try and make sure Apollo and Creed are healthy."