57. say you wont let go🌺

Athena
-i played it cool when i was scared of letting go-
-james arthur-

I knew he wasn't a fed whenever he started speaking to me, yet i still followed.

I woke up after Kairi had left, I seen he gave me his ring, he left his jacket and he wrote me a note. It still pissed me off. One night, that's all i wanted. He didn't give it me.

As i was reading the note, standing beside the desk, the door opens and a man, with an FBI badge hanging on his belt, a gun in his waistband and dressed in a suit, stands there.

He was unfamiliar, now i know it's because he wasn't ever sent here for my protection.

"Are you okay?" I asked him, my voice was low and i was on the verge of tears after Kairi promising not leave me and then he does.

"Miss Arieta, we need to escort you out." He says. That was the most strange thing to me, if anyone was to talk to me, Kairi's orders would that it was Alejandro, Hayley or the cute bodyguard by the front door called Ethan. Then, the weirdness of him calling me Miss. Arieta whenever i made sure everyone called me Athena. Miss. Arieta was too formal.

"What happened?" I asked, putting the note down back on the table and as i did, i took the watch off and shoved it into my bra. They track my location on it.

"Somebody has found the location, we need to move you to a better safe house." His voice was as if he had just gone through puberty, breaking at every instance.

In that moment, I didn't fully believe it but it was the only explanation. "Where is Alejandro Hernandez?" I slide my shoes on, walking out of the room, he follows behind me. "Alejandro!"

"He was called in, something unexpected came up." The guy grips my arm, "I'm Agent Matthews, Alexander and Kairi have asked me to take care of you."

I nodded my head, falling for his load of shit until he leads me out of the house and into a car, i should have known something was up whenever the dogs were growling and barking at him.

But i got in the car.

It wasn't until we were driving down the main roads i realized he wasnt an agent. I've held Kairi's badge a million times, traced my fingers over the words and the pictures, the faint federal sign imprinted onto the background.

His sign was too deep a color. It wasn't like Kairi's badge.

"What's your position?" I asked, my voice wary but i'm not going to let him have the satisfaction of triumph.

Kairi will find us.

"Supervisory Special Agent." He side eyes me, "Work alongside your father."

"Which unit?" I push his limits.

He hesitates for a moment, "Unit 7."

I nod, "Will Alejandro meet us at the safe house after we're done?"

"Yes, ma'am. Hopefully Kairi will join us too." His grip tightens on the wheel.

"What's your name, Agent Matthews?" I shift in my seat a little. I hope to god they're able to track this location and follow.

"Benny."

"Nice name." I clear my throat, "How far is the location? I need the bathroom."

"It's about an hours drive, can you wait?" He asks.

I didn't need the bathroom.

I wanted to say no, so i could find a bathroom and run, i think i've watched enough criminal minds to be a good runaway.