79. see you again 🌺

Athena
-let the light guide your way, hold every memory as you go-
-wiz khalifa-

Dad gave Hayley the responsibility of his medical decisions.

Hayley sat on one side of him, i sat on the other, my hand in his cut up and burnt one. He's breathing, which is always good, but his brain activity is slowly decreasing by the second.

Hayley clears her throat as the doctor walks in, "Hi... Is everything okay?" She asks, her voice low and shy.

"We're okay." Hayley says, i'm far from okay.

"I... I'm so sorry." She pulls a chair over, "I finished running the scan on Mr. Arion and we for results that the amygdala and limbic system increases whenever he breathes."

He is in pain.

"Which means..."

"He's in pain every time he takes a breath." I finish it for her, holding my tears back because i think i've scared the doctors here with the amount of crying i've done.

"Yeah, and they spike high. He's in a lot of pain when he breathes." She nods her head gently.

"You're giving us the option if we want to take him off of life support?" I look up.

"Are you a doctor?" She asks.

"Training." I look back at my dad, "We'll give you an answer in a couple of minutes. Thank you."

"Of course, take your time. I'll be in the pod if you need me." She walks away.

Hayley and I make eye contact and we both make the decision without even saying anything. I'd rather dad not feel any pain any longer, i don't want to keep him waiting if every time he breathes, it's hurting him. He doesn't deserve that.

"I'll only sign off on it if you want me to." A tear runs from her eye.

"Don't let him be in pain any longer." I look at the heart rate on the monitor. "Just... I need to ask the nurse something, don't sign just yet." I get up, walking out of the room and up to the pod.

"Hi." A nurse greets me with a smile.

"Hi, do you happen to have the brain activity for Alexander Arion whenever the sound check was being done?"

"I do, what relation are you to the patient?" She clicks on the computer.

"Daughter." I wipe the corner of my eyes.

She turns the screen around, "So these are the ones with no sound." She shows his brain activity and the small lines spiking, "And this is the one with the sounds, we did talking and just a normal hearing test." She shows the one with higher spikes.

He can hear everything that's going on.

"Thank you." I walk back into the room, "His brain activity shows that he can hear whatever we say... i'm gonna... i need to make a call to Atlas so if you want to talk to him-"

"Athena i'm pregnant." Hayley spits out. "I found out the week before Alexander left, i haven't told him."

I smile, at least that's one good thing to come out of this, "You should tell him." I nod my head over to dad, "I'll be back soon."

She nods her head, cupping both of her hands around dads hand. "Tell Atlas for me."

I take my phone out of my pocket and call Atlas' contact, his daughter is sick at the moment. I told him to stay with her, dad would have wanted him to stay with her.